Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind >

Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

Old 02-08-2009, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

Good info ~ Thanks!
I'll be looking to buy one soon...
Old 02-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm going to be taking it outside today in the sun. We've (Dan and I) about the possible sheen the material has. I'll take a couple pictures without flash outside in the sun today.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'm going to be taking it outside today in the sun. We've (Dan and I) about the possible sheen the material has. I'll take a couple pictures without flash outside in the sun today.
Dan, the sun came out beautifully today so after I shoveled off the patio and deck I took this blind outside in the sunshine as well as the shine off the snow.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that the sheen wasn't as noticeable as it was with the flash inside my basement. I also did the "run the fingernail" across the material. It may appear to be a little louder than the material used in the DB's. I honestly forget what material that is.

I did like how little light there was inside the blind with the sun shining directly on it as well as the light from the snow. I'll be anxious to put it in a green environment this spring.

Again, it may not be the mecca of blinds but it's another alternative that so far I'm happy with it. Time will tell if I upgrade to a Primos DB T5.

It's an honest review, (Pros and Cons), so far the pros have it, take it as you will.

10 yards:

20 yards:

Up close:

Old 02-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob,
The best I can tell it looks like the Hub ends of the rods are reinforced. True?

If they are that's a good thing. I wouldn't buy any hub styleBlind again unless the rods are reinforced.

Dan
Old 02-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just picked up a Primos Ground max vision. Still in the box, fired up to use it though...

Shane
Old 02-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rob, let me know how you like that door/entry zipper when you are trying to be quiet getting in and out.

LT
Old 02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Hey Rob, let me know how you like that door/entry zipper when you are trying to be quiet getting in and out.

LT
Is there such a thing as a quiet zipper? The only reason I'll be getting out is quitting time or a dead bird lays out in front of me.

I like it better than trying to climb out of a Matrix. We usually just flipped the blind.

What's your alternative?
Old 02-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just kinda yankin' yer chain Rob. Seriously though, you see those neat little Window-holder-upper-thinga-ma-jiggy's on the inside of the blind? I think if they would just install a flap on the inside of the blind, running top to bottom of the door/entry, and put say 3 or 4 of those, it would be much better than the 1.5 minute zzzzziiiiipppppp.[8D]They could install those on the outside of the blind as well. (A storm flap, if you will.

LT
Old 02-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Just kinda yankin' yer chain Rob. Seriously though, you see those neat little Window-holder-upper-thinga-ma-jiggy's on the inside of the blind? I think if they would just install a flap on the inside of the blind, running top to bottom of the door/entry, and put say 3 or 4 of those, it would be much better than the 1.5 minute zzzzziiiiipppppp.[8D]They could install those on the outside of the blind as well. (A storm flap, if you will.

LT
I hear ya.

One thing I don't like, the windows don't close completely up to the top but have a "hook". I'm going to install a flap on the inside that simply lays down across the very small hole that's left for peaking out.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the little thing right there, that you call a "hook". Man if they would just install about 4 or 5 of those on the inside and outside of the door with a flap to use interior or exterior. BAM!! No more zipper.

By the way, I bought mine without the net mesh and decided to order the predator replacement net from Double-Bull. It works pretty good.

LT

Quick Reply: Primos Ground Max Predator Den Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.