Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you care!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Default RE: Do you care!!!

here in IL they dont have antler restrictions. on the property i hunt we have guidelines on what are shootable deer. its not my land and i am happy to have permission to hunt it, so i follow the rules. if i dont like them i can go play somewhere else. it is not for me to decide how tom dick or harry get to hunt, or what they get to shoot if they are not hunting on my ground. so i am happy for them that they got their deer.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

I think if one is to ask themselves, "Why do I hunt?", QDM can satisfy each and every possible response.
BZZZZZZ! Wrong answer! I just asked my self that question, and the answer was, "MEAT!" ...QDM didn't satisfy my response
Old 02-05-2009, 03:20 AM
Fork Horn

I don't care what antler size/age bucks people shoot it is there choice. On the other hand I do not like hearing about people breaking the law though and "accidently" or "purposely" shooting a buck sized under the legal limit because I hear about this all the time.Follow the law and keep it legal.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: patchholder

Yah it bothers me when I see people have shot 1.5's,because it is a pretty big deal around here when you see something that is older than that. Lucky to shoot a decent rack buck around herebecause there is'nt any.
For me I shoot what I want to shoot. There is not very many deer in this area so a young buck would be good. Tho I try to pass on them, just seeing a buck during bow season or even rifle season at times is really something. There is no doe permits as low deer numbers and any buck is good.
I have travel down state to an area that does allow shooting all the does you want tho. Those areas are around built up parts of a city or town with bigger population than most of the state. It's called the expanded archery zones. You just keep buying your tags if you are lucky enough to get a deer or 2. If I have luck in one of those areas then a big buck in my area would be my goal. If no luck then you can guess it. It still hasn't stopped big bucks from breeding during the rut tho.. So no it is a matter of choice for the individual hunter..
Old 02-05-2009, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

I think if one is to ask themselves, "Why do I hunt?", QDM can satisfy each and every possible response.
BZZZZZZ! Wrong answer! I just asked my self that question, and the answer was, "MEAT!" ...QDM didn't satisfy my response
QDM satisfies this response extremely well, however, many who are unfamiliar with its concepts quickly throw this one out. Emphasizing an adequate harvest of does, in some cases 40% of a total doe population, will satisfy the majority over people's meat needs
Old 02-05-2009, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Until the law say's otherwise, I just mind my business... It's the good ole' US of A!
I would rather see someone have that big ole' smile on their face than to save that deer for me, if I'm lucky enough, for some other year.
There's more deer out there, so if you/we do the homework and have many stand locations there's sure to be one on your next location??!

If you own enough land and manage the property for deer, I could see how someone could be upset.
However, the option(s) would be a high fence scenario (oh-boy ~ here we go again) or buy the bordering properties
and that is still a limitation, as these creatures we hunt are wild....

To each to own!!!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dont bother me in the least. Shoot whatever makes you happy, I know I do, and I would probably be the one driving around with a 1.5 year old buck in the back of my truck bragging about it.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Regardless of what another guy shoots I will congratulate him. That is HIS choice not mine! If he is happy I'm happy for him!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care unless it came from one of my farms, then I care. I am all about people shooting whatever makes them happy. However, I prefer to let smaller/younger bucks walk on the properties I have paid to lease. So if I invite someone to hunt with me, I expect them to let the smaller/younger bucks walk.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

On our lease I care. We follow some pretty strict guidelines as to what and what isn't a shooter buck. Everyone knows what these guidelines are "before" they join so there's not a lot of excuses. Our lease happens to be in a high deer density area with very liberal doe harvest guidelines (10/season) so we all have the opportunity to put meat in the freezer.

I also happen to think that the DNR does a pretty good job in Ga. and as long as you follow their guidelines for what is and isn't legal in your hunting area "have at em". To each his own. If your happy with your deer then I'm happy for you. Like someone else said above pls. don't make excuses for what you kill. We owe the respect to that animal that's dead in the back of your truck.

Dan

Quick Reply: Do you care!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.