Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 08 mount back with jawbone UPDATED SCORE MORE PICS PG 3 >

08 mount back with jawbone UPDATED SCORE MORE PICS PG 3

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

08 mount back with jawbone UPDATED SCORE MORE PICS PG 3

Old 02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 08 mount back with MORE jawbone pics

That's a beautiful mount.I like how the ears came out too. I see A LOT of taxi's thatdon't do a very good job with the ears. He's a great buck anywhere, let alone NC. That'sawesome how you've got a trail cam pic of him on his dayof destiny! Congrats.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a gorgeous mount, excellent definition and his cape looks just perfect. Beautiful pedestal work too.
Congratualtions bud! Wish your taxidermist was close, you have already gotten back your 08 buck. Wow!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Great buck and great mount!!! If you don't mind me asking what part of NC were you hunting, who did the work and what did he/she charge??? If you don't want to post any of these answers please pm me if you would. The next good buck I get I would love to have done like this...if it isn't too far of a drive. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

I was hunting Alleghany NC. The gentlemen that done the mount Was Darryl Combs in State Road, NC Darryl's taxidermy. The charge was $355.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Early, it is kinda cool. I actually rode my crotch rocket up to the farm around lunch that day just to check the camera and low and behold he was on there that a.m. All in all I had 9 different bucks come through that morning. I saw 8 of them that afternoon and he was the last to come out. My G/F missed one that would have given this guy a run for his money the next Saturday, the crazy thing is I drawed on him after she shot and let down b/c it was early in the season. Still kickin my self for that one.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 08 mount back with jawbone

awesoem buck man congrats
Old 02-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NChunterman
I The charge was $355.
Did that include the pedestal work also? The more I look at it the more I fancy the work.Great mount!
Old 02-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Fork Horn

Ampa- that was including the base.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the info. That is a super price for that work!! I found State Road on the map just off I-77. Would you guess around 3 hrs. from Raleigh?? I already drive 1 1/2 hrs. from my home to the last taxi I used. His work was pretty good but yours looks better and about 1yr. sooner!! I think the last one I had done (2005) was between $325-$375 but I can't remember exactly. Once again thanks for the info. and that is a beautiful buck especially for NC. I think you guys in the northern and central part of the statehave bigger bucks than ours average here but we may have more numbers??
Old 02-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Wolf ~
3-4 hours give or take. If you ever need to use him shoot me a PM and I'll go with you. As for deer, I have a friend that hunts next to NCSU and he's killed some monsters. He has video from the stand where he let 4 different deer much bigger than this one walk.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:29 PM

Yea I hear you. I live less than 10 min. from NCSU'scow pastures and ag centers ( off Lake Wheeler Rd.)and I have to watch some mooses every summer on my way home from work. Last Aug.I watched 8 bucks not 150 yrds. from the road and the smallest was an 8 pt. at least 16" outside and the largest was at least a 10pt. or better and at least 20" outside. I hunt in Nash, Johnston and Wilson counties and I would have taken any of those bucks!If your friend is hunting near that area he is VERY fortunate because there is NO pressure that I know of. Good luck in the future and posts some more good ole NC bucksThanks for the offer and the info. I wrote it all down and put it away hopefully for future use.