Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question about outfitted hunts >

question about outfitted hunts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question about outfitted hunts

Old 02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: question about outfitted hunts

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

There will be some deals as the year goes on. I am friends with a lot of outfitters and they are telling me the cancellation rate is unreal. Also the people on the waiting lists are disappearing. Its gonna get ugly for the outfitters in the next few years. I am constantly getting emails from different outfitters cutting prices and having hunts on special. And some are extremely reputable outfits. If you have some extra money put away you will be able to get some unbelievable deals.
I agree! Guys will still hunt and buy a fair share of equipment. I do think the 1st place many will cut back is on outfitted hunts. Actually some of the prices had got completely out of hand, but there are still quality opportunities to be had on out of state hunts.

Basic Tresspass fees may become more popular.

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a outfitter last year tell me i know gas is high you can bring 5 people if you want instead of 4.
He was pretty set over the 2 years before on 4 people so iknow it wasn't for his benifit
Old 02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a outfitter last year tell me i know gas is high you can bring 5 people if you want instead of 4.
He was pretty set over the 2 years before on 4 people so iknow it wasn't for his benifit
Old 02-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, things are slow and guys are hurting. This is a great time to be researching the "where" part of your hunt. You probably already know that part of it but I think I'd wait a bit later to say "May" to book (esp. if Illinois is on the list).

Dan