Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Are You Throwin' Out? >

What Are You Throwin' Out?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Are You Throwin' Out?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Are You Throwin' Out?

With all the posts of getting "new" equip. for next season, what did you find this season that was not worth having. What will you throw out before next season?

For me, certain old camo has already been sold. I trust the 3 to 4 patterns I have for any situation. Rattling horns will probably not see the woods I hunt in next year. I have about 6 grunt calls that seem worthless. The Can call has not produced in 2 years for me. I have upgraded my hang-ons and climber by trading/selling old ones that were not as good as I thought. Can't think of anything else right now. What about you guys?

LT
Old 02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What Are You Throwin' Out?

Off Hand I can't think of anything I'm ditching

Dan
Old 02-04-2009, 03:06 PM

I bought a new bow and put a decent single pin sight on it, thinking that it would be easy to 'compensate' at different yardages. The theory is valid, but I've found that the bow just isn't quite fast enough for it to work well. I'll keep the sight for future use, but I'm not going to use it with the current bow.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just sold a Scent Blocker Jacket that was pretty much brand new that I never used in 3 season. I also sold some new broadheads that have been collecting dust, the Bowtech will probably go on the market next! I'm slowly getting rid of stuff that I wont be using anymore!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

me get rid of something i dont use? ha

now your sounding like my wife. lol
Old 02-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Mathews for a Bowtech.. lol

No.. Really the only thing that comes to mind is actually for coyote hunting.. Two years with no success.. The quivering rabbit, not too good for the area I hunt..
Old 02-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

The latest bow I bought came with a rip cord rest. It will be gone before the bow sees the woods again.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's hard for me to give up or sell anything. I happen to have some things I don't use but I'm not sure I won't use.[&:] Like I said, it's tough to give it up.[8D]
Old 02-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, you know you really don't need all those Limbdriver rests laying around.

You can't take any of it with you is what I always say.[8D]

LT
Old 02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Primos blood tracker light. Everything looks like blood! Especially if there is discoloration on vegetation
(like palmettos). Of course it was a Christmas gift. [8D]
Save your money and get a strong white light with a good battery!

LT, I hunt close to you and I've also had no luck with the damn estrous can. I did have luck with a
Flextone bleat/grunt call though.

Also had no luck with estrous scents, not sure it is worth me tromping around contaminating the area
with scent and will probably give up alltogether next year except maybe an early season curiosity scent
I had luck with 2 years ago. Of course those would be thrown out anyway.

Never used my bowhanger either. I move around too much and didn't like the way it set up. It was too much trouble.

Maybe shocking to some, I'm not throwing it out, but I'm not going to use my 6" Stealth stabilizer (going
to loan to a friend with a Drenalin). It seems like a great product, but my bow is already on the heavy
side anditmade it feel too bottom heavy and seemed toaffect my shot, so I went back to the Sims.

Quick Reply: What Are You Throwin' Out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.