HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The Best Mechanical/OOI heads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/285324-best-mechanical-ooi-heads.html)

JeffB 02-04-2009 12:29 PM

The Best Mechanical/OOI heads

* disclaimer* If you don't like mechs and just have to say so please create your own thread to do that- kthanx.

I've been out of this game afor a bit and I see a TON of new mechs out there- Rage, Undertaker/Meat Seeker, Reapers, etc. Rage seems to be..well..all the rage, but what are the best mechs out there these days?

Huntinman23 02-04-2009 12:33 PM

RE: The Best Mechanical/OOI heads

I would have to say from the Mechanical Broadheads out there these days...The Rage are the best in my experiences.

stikbow26 02-04-2009 12:35 PM

I killed 4 deer with Grim Reapers this year and they will be in my quiver next year as well. They truely give new meaning to watching your deer fall.. The farthest one traveled was my buck at 40 yards.. Walt

Siman08/OH 02-04-2009 12:45 PM

Im a Rage guy myself

MOhunter46 02-04-2009 12:49 PM

I used the rages this past season and i have nothing bad to say about them. But i am going back to a fixed head next season.

lrhuntr 02-04-2009 12:51 PM

I'm a big fan of Rage's but i'm looking to try Piston Points this year for something new.

Rage's are a very accurate and deadlyhead, you will not be disappointed with them.

MeanV2 02-04-2009 01:03 PM

IMHO I think the 3 best Mechanicals on the market are:
1. Spitfire XP's
2. Rage
3. Grim Reapers

Dan

Matt / PA 02-04-2009 01:05 PM

Hey Jeffro!
I have had very good luck with Rages myself but I don't trust the blade retention on it's own. I put one of those little dental rubber bands around the middle of the blades as some added security from getting bumped open. They're one shot and done on the blades as most are but the results have been nothing short of gruesome from my experience. [:-]

Blood trails have been very short and wicked and the entry holes huge.

I know you'll have enough snot to shoot em' so the 2" cut will be fine.

The other I still love to death is the Rocket "Slammerhead" I used to homebrew these using the pathfinder style tips from Sidewinders and put them on the larger cutting diameter 75gr Miniblaster.
The following year they came out with the official Slammerhead and they are devastating. I think however they've been discontinued sadly or I'd probably still use em'.

tmontgo1 02-04-2009 01:08 PM

I havent really tryed alot of broadheads, but i have Tekans and they shoot really good.

KodiakArcher 02-04-2009 01:26 PM

Never had a single problem with my NAP Spitfire 125's so I've never used anything else in a mechanical.