Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Backpack Hunting >

Backpack Hunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Backpack Hunting

Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Backpack Hunting

JNTURK
Is the camelbak commander really big enough for all you need? I would think you would want like a freighter pack for the meat and stuff later right?
Dandbuck
Old 02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Backpack Hunting

ORIGINAL: dandbuck

JNTURK
Is the camelbak commander really big enough for all you need? I would think you would want like a freighter pack for the meat and stuff later right?
Dandbuck
i think it would be fine. they are around 2800 and the newer one is the RT Commander and it has the shelf like the badland 2200's do. but my brother and i both have the commanders and for the price and what you get out of the backpack is well worth the money for a beginner with limited funds to play with. i would use the money more towards a lightweight sleeping bad or pad as opposed to an expensive backpack (like badlands and eberlestock). i own the J104 (eberlestock), badlands 4500, and the camelback and they are all good packs.

if you wanta pack that can do a 2-3 day or 4-5 day and be able to pack out a deer (not sure about a big whitetail though) then i would get the badlands 4500 or the eberlestock ( i personally like the j104 over the j107)... but if you are ok with a lighter pack that can be used for single day and 2-3 day, but would need to possibley make two trips to get out if you get a deer on the 2-3 day then i would get the camelbak and save some money.