Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you use Scent blocking clothing/sprays? (poll) >

Do you use Scent blocking clothing/sprays? (poll)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you use Scent blocking clothing/sprays? (poll)

Old 02-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you use Scent blocking clothing/sprays? (poll)

Just a curious poll to see how many of you use items such as scent lok or scent blocker and scent killer sprays etc...not trying to start a debate or anything like that.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Do you use Scent blocking clothing/sprays? (poll)

I don't use them.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use everything that can give me an edge. What is and what is not worth the $$ that's my choice. I know my Deer sightings, kills, and deer that circle around me and then leave naturally have increased drastically since I have been using my current scent control regimen.

I will say that if you don't go at scent control 200% then you might as well do Nothing else other than just hunt the wind. It is much more than throwing on some clothes and spraying down.

Dan
Old 02-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

I use both clothes and sprays....Don't know if they work but I can afford the sprays and the clothes were free from one of Drury's drawings they did about 3 years ago...Any little edge over a deer nose is gotta be better than nothing at all...

Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only the sprays here!! But not always. Just play the wind because of all the camera equipment and other stuff we bring in it would be almost impossible to stay scent free.. I think we sprayed down like3 days of our 24 day sprint.. Walt
Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the clothes and the spray. I dont know if they work of not but i had deer downwind of me this past season and they never winded me, so........
Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 AM

i use both a sentblocker suit and the spray..had deer down wind of me on the ground and had no idea maybe im just lucky though
Old 02-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only used Dead Down Wind andplayed the wind.

Can't complain. Got blown a few times and went undetected a few times down wind. Don't know if it did much,
but to my nose it does kill odor.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:27 AM

I use Scent Killer wash, hang dry clothes outsides (in early season when wether permits) otherwise dry with the scent killer dryer sheets. Spray clothes down good, let em dry put em in big plastic ziplocks. Then after I dress I spray myself and equipment down with the spray. Before I dress I do shower in the "scent free" soap. Granted I do not believe for 1 min that I am scent free, but I do think that it helps. The last deer of the season I killed came with 2 others from downwind, never smelled me and I had deer right under my stand when there wasnt any wind at all and never got winded. Like I said I dont think for one second that I am scent free I just try to do what I can to prevent as much scent as I can. One of the biggest things that I do is spray my boots down heavy each time I go out. It has worked for me I believe.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me i use everything i can think of, i dont know if they work, but if they help even a LITTLE its worth it... I start of by using Scent killer body wash and shampo, as well as the scent killer deoderant (which i also use right before i go out hunting) Than after all my scent eliminating things are properly washed an stored away, i put on my base layer of "x scent" which i put on my legs and top, than i put on my scenter blocker suit, next my nice scent lok waterproof gore tex pants over that. After that i put on my rubber boots, scent lok face mask and i already have my scent lok gloves on because i only touch my clean scent lok with gloves so i dont smell them up... Finally after all that i go out side and spray my self down in scent killer spray, as well as my bow,backpack etc... and than im off

Quick Reply: Do you use Scent blocking clothing/sprays? (poll)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.