Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Breaking the silence, I fell! >

Breaking the silence, I fell!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Breaking the silence, I fell!

Old 02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Breaking the silence, I fell!

Glad to hear you made It through AR. To be honest I can't stand wearing one but I do wear one If the tree I'm In permits It. Take care and be safe.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you are ok man, its a hard lesson to learn.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM

It's too bad you had to learn the hard way, but at least you LEARNED! Glad to hear you will start wearing a harness and hopefully it inspires those that don't. I hate to hear stories of hunters falling when it could have easily been prevented.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! I know I'd be thanking the Lord to even be here to tell us about that. Glad to hear you are ok, and glad you posted it up. I agree, its not if - but when. Unfortunately for many, they won't be nearly as lucky as you. Every year I hunt, I get more and more cautious with what I do.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

As bad as the fall was you are a lucky guy. I can't say much because I've only worn a full body safety harness for one year now. Wore a probably worthless cheap belt, then a cheap 1/2 harness for the last few years. Glad you will ok.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 PM

Whew, you are a lucky guy, I had to learn the same way you did, except I didnt fall on a log (man that had to suck) and I got fortunate and only sprained my toes and the arch of my foot. It still bothers me when I wake up or step on a rock wrong, and heck thas been months ago.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

The fall isusually notthe problem, it's that friggen landing! Glad to hear you're mending well, you were lucky.
Yeah, the fall is great......you are actually flying....but the landing SUCKS when you are going straight down....

But seriously....you are lucky to be alive... I'm glad you're ok!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear your ok.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Geez...You're a lucky guy. You'll never get so lucky again! I know you learned your lesson. I hope others will smarten up and wear your harness!Think of itlike a race car driver without a seatbelt!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

As a member of the been there done that crowd, let me say I'm glad your ok. Mine required a surgon and around 400 stitches to practically reattach my leg. To all who do not wear a harness, WHY? Do you just hate living? It can and will most likely happen once in you hunting career, why make it the last chapter? And to AR, do you get that, what was I thinking, feeling? I still do, just remember and buckle up every time now,you got your "FREE PASS".

Quick Reply: Breaking the silence, I fell!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.