HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Why is acorn rage legal in my state? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/285173-why-acorn-rage-legal-my-state.html)

ABarOfSoap 02-03-2009 09:51 AM

Why is acorn rage legal in my state?

Baiting is illegal in my state but many hunting store i go to sell acorn rage and even the liquid cmere deer atrracant spray, and told me its perfectly legal in NY because its an attracatant and made from real acorns Even gander MT sells them...
Is this true?

BobCo19-65 02-03-2009 10:00 AM

RE: Why is acorn rage legal in my state?

That's a good question, I'd ask the DEC if I were you. Using the salesman logic corn is made out of real corn, but you can't put a pile of it up and hunt over it.

tmontgo1 02-03-2009 10:02 AM

Corn( Zea maize) is a natural food source, It is a crop that is native to United States. So i dont think that something just being natural makes is legal. But i dont know, baiting is illegal in wv but bags of deer corn and C'mere deer are sold everywhere.

Huntinman23 02-03-2009 10:40 AM

Just because they sell it in your state dosent me you cant use it in other states. Buy it there transport it to other states.

Ex. Buck shot is sold in Wisconsin, but can't use it for deer.

Gundeck 02-03-2009 10:44 AM

I don't think it is legal in NY. I know they sell Cmere Deer at Walmart, but it also is clearly marked with a sign saying it is illegal to use in NY. (Why do they sell it then? Beats me.) I haven't checked at Bass Pro to see if they mark it similarly.

ABarOfSoap 02-03-2009 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

I don't think it is legal in NY. I know they sell Cmere Deer at Walmart, but it also is clearly marked with a sign saying it is illegal to use in NY. (Why do they sell it then? Beats me.) I haven't checked at Bass Pro to see if they mark it similarly.
The guy at the store told me that they are legal because they are "attractants" so its no different than using deer urine or any deer scents because there all legal as well.

nyhunter89 02-03-2009 12:36 PM

I have seen stuff like that in the store by meand have looked it up. The website that i found told me that it is legal to sell it but it is illegal to use it. I thought i was miss informed about it but i then asked my professor at college that use to be a DEC offiser and he said what i read was right. Most likly the person at the store was just trying to sell you the product.Hope this helps.

buckmaster 02-03-2009 12:57 PM

Try explaining that it's "Just an attractant" to the GW while he's writing you a ticket.;)

TFOX 02-03-2009 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

Because people buy it! ;)

SuperRedHawk 02-03-2009 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

The guy at the store told me that they are legal because they are "attractants" so its no different than using deer urine or any deer scents because there all legal as well.

The guy at the store is wrong. Deer EAT acorn rage. C'mon Soap, does that really make sense?