Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby? >

Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby?

Vito, awesome pictures! What's your setup for smallies and larger game fish in general?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

Vito, awesome pictures! What's your setup for smallies and larger game fish in general?
Honestly Matt, the answer to that question has a lot of variables. To keep it as simple as possible for smallmouth, I would use a moderate-fast action 9' 6wt and bring a floating line and a 200 gr sinking line. That would cover most situations I encounter smallies.

For larger game fish in the medium size rivers I fish...steelhead, fast 10' 7wt for indi fishing and 11' 6/7wtswitch rod for swinging.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 AM

Definately my bow is my main hobby. I am really wanting to get into the arrow building part of it, planning on buying a jig soon so I will be able to experiment with different fletchings/feathers/setups so forth. I am ignorant with most of it but the technical side of bows really sparks my interest but right now dont have the money to deal with most of it.

I really want to get into the recurve deal, I have a lot of respect for instinctive shooters and would like to try my hand at it.
I like to fish, hunt turks with either bow or shotgun (mainly bow)
I love to dove hunt, like to quail hunt, get a pretty big kick out of coyotes but when it all comes down to it my favorite pastime is shooting my bow.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to be big into Fantasy Football. Still in 2 leagues but probably giving them up this coming year. Bowhunting is my biggest hobby for me. My kids and wife are the main thing I spend my time at. My job is just a means to these. Archery gets me away from everything.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Vito. I couldn't agree more with your comment about 20" river smallies. I normally only hook into a few of them a year, but boy are they a blast. I have to admit, I have never fly fished. I am a green pumkin tube man myself.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

This is a close one. I relatively new to bowhunting as my hoobies go, so I'm going to have to give this one to my first love...GOLF!!!

This was in MyrtleBeach on our spring trip last year...
On our way up to the U.P. a couple years ago. Can't beat that view!
A close second...
So I'm an avid golfer and hunter...you could say my girlfriend is pretty understanding.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pops423

I used to be big into Fantasy Football. Still in 2 leagues but probably giving them up this coming year. Bowhunting is my biggest hobby for me. My kids and wife are the main thing I spend my time at. My job is just a means to these. Archery gets me away from everything.
Goodgosh i forgot about FF . Ive been in league's for 4 years now i believe, won a Championship, and had a few 2nd place finishes [:@]. I also play alot of sports (Basketball, Football mostly). And i spend ALOT of time with my girlfriend, Sam. She was prevoisuly featured in my avatar fora few months.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: DowningAir

[align=left]On our way up to the U.P. a couple years ago. Can't beat that view![/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]DA,[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I have beenpast this course every summer since I was born. Not a bad view at all. I bet that course can be a little breezy at times.[/align]
Old 02-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Vito1

ORIGINAL: DowningAir

[align=left]On our way up to the U.P. a couple years ago. Can't beat that view![/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]DA,[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I have beenpast this course every summer since I was born. Not a bad view at all. I bet that course can be a little breezy at times.[/align]
Vito,

Same with me. It was years before I evenrealized it was there. Started playing there a couple summers ago and have every summer since on our way up to the Manistique Lakes. Decent little muni.. It can be breezy, that's for sure.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

ORIGINAL: Pops423

Goodgosh i forgot about FF . Ive been in league's for 4 years now i believe, won a Championship, and had a few 2nd place finishes [:@]. I also play alot of sports (Basketball, Football mostly). And i spend ALOT of time with my girlfriend, Sam. She was prevoisuly featured in my avatar fora few months.

I think we recall.Spending A LOT of time with her would be understandable.

Quick Reply: Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.