HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hilarious end to a goofy season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/285144-hilarious-end-goofy-season.html)

huntingson 02-03-2009 07:14 AM

hilarious end to a goofy season

This season was full of mistakes, mishaps, and learning experiences for me. The last day of our season was Sunday. I planned on hunting the "corner stand", named b/c it is in an outside corner of a field and is a major travel area for the deer. Anyway, I got up in the morning to go hunting, but my son woke up and wanted to watch cartoons with me. He wasn't feeling well soI put away my hunting stuff and watched "Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers" instead. My father went for a walk that afternoon and spooked 5 bucks, including 2 whoppers out of their beds whichwere, that's right, directly underour "corner stand".:DOh well, hopefully I will still be around for next year!

jimmy28303 02-03-2009 07:16 AM

RE: hilarious end to a goofy season

that sucks but you did the right thing.

Jim_IV 02-03-2009 07:18 AM

So was it a good episode?[8D]:D

You'll get em next year;)

MeanV2 02-03-2009 08:05 AM

Some years Murphy will stay right in your pocket!

Good luck next Year!:D

Dan

Schultzy 02-03-2009 11:27 AM

If that Isn't how It goes sometimes, gotta laugh!:D Best of luck next year In all of your hunting adventures Jim.

sr77 02-03-2009 12:09 PM

They will be around next year!:D

Shane

FLboy77 02-03-2009 01:00 PM

It happens! They'll be around next year!;)

huntingson 02-04-2009 05:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

If that Isn't how It goes sometimes, gotta laugh!:D
That's right. Can't do anything about it and wouldn't do anything about it if I could. Killing one of those deer wouldn't change my life in the slightest, but watching cartoons with my boy on my lap made him feel better. Now that's success.

wingchaser_labs 02-04-2009 06:43 AM

Haha thats that sixth sense your boy has of bambi. He used his bambi powers to keep you from shootin him, haha. All your fault for lettin him watch it, lol jk.... They will be bigger next year. WCL

Edcyclopedia 02-04-2009 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

If that Isn't how It goes sometimes, gotta laugh!:D
That's right. Can't do anything about it and wouldn't do anything about it if I could. Killing one of those deer wouldn't change my life in the slightest, but watching cartoons with my boy on my lap made him feel better. Now that's success.
You read my mind.
My boy is in the Curious George stage, that's one dysfunctional monkey!
It's funny at the end of the episode when the narrator say's
"George is a monkey, so he can do things that we can't".
Tell me my 2 1/2 year old understands that. Where's Fog Horn Leg Horn when you need him??!!!:)

Maybe next - Chief!