HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   money-money-money (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/285137-money-money-money.html)

dave37 02-03-2009 06:07 AM

money-money-money

Hows everyone fairing the junk economic times right now?

Cougar Mag 02-03-2009 06:28 AM

RE: money-money-money

Since this is a bowhunting forum, how about asking hows everyone fairing the junk economic times right now in relation to purchasing bowhunting products? :)

For me, I am looking to purchase another bow, buying a lazer tuning guide, arrows, sight, rest but am being cautious at this time. I'll be having my first grandchild soon so we are helping the kids out with buying stuff.....my wife loves buying baby things:eek:. I have a seemingly safe job for now and our company sales orders seem to be on par with last year, but does anyone really know what is really safe? Besides that my 401K is in the dumper at this time[:@].

Monie 02-03-2009 06:37 AM

Being in commissioned sales...a wee bit better than most, just because they only pay me when I make a sale. I'll have to hold back on hunting equipment, this year. I had plans of replacing EVERYTHING! Not now!A good bow and maybe some new arrows and vanes will be about it...and it will take a little while to save. [&:]

mohunter82 02-03-2009 06:41 AM

Man if your on commissioned sales you must be one hell of a salesman. If i put my salesman on comm. they wouldn't be able to get a drink of water out of the fountain at walmart.
i mean our overall sales are not down but traffic has slowed considerably.

as to new equipment. I could be broke and still try and buy stuff i dont need.

07tomkat 02-03-2009 06:41 AM

I make alittle money at my job. I spend that money on bills and taxes.

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-03-2009 06:42 AM

I'm pacing myself but I did pick up a new blind for turkey hunting this year.

On another topic, I ordered an 09 Harley Fat Boy and customized it. :D

huntingson 02-03-2009 06:42 AM

Cougar, what is a laser tuning guide? Sounds interesting.

I am thinking of buying a new bow this year. My Mathews is a 2001 model, so it just seems like it is about time. These new bows just shoot so nicely it is amazing.

ZachCL 02-03-2009 07:06 AM

Well this is an easy one, :
Freshly married (I guess that makes me a family man)
paying for college
addicted to bows and everything to do with them

I dont get paid enough for all of these so I just have to set my priorities and that is pretty much their order for now. Come may the bottom will be moving up.

huntingson 02-03-2009 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
On another topic, I ordered an 09 Harley Fat Boy and customized it. :D
WINNER!!!:DFantastic Rob! I remember you talking about it at the GTG. You'll love it (and so will the wife). They ride like a Cadillac.

dave37 02-03-2009 07:12 AM

Cougar - yeah thats were i was headin with this. I ordered my new admiral in Dec. with the understanding it would be march/april till it was in and i had to drop coin. but it came in last week ! which is great BUT now im gonna be a bit short on some other stuff i wanted. I own a construction management firm and weve been slipping each month.

Huntingson - ive been trying to remember who had that quote on there signature for a week or better now i know. Thats what im afraid is happening slowly to america , just a bunch of sheep !

Rob - what blind did you go with i saw one last night on whatever i was watching at the time on OLN it was under 200 and had 4sided shooting , shoot through mesh , zip down windows and i believe it was 70" tall (accomodating a bowhunter nicely )