Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 money-money-money >

money-money-money

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

money-money-money

Old 02-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: money-money-money

Has had no effect on my life so far, and don't feel it will. But, I was born with nothing and still have most of it left. Taz
Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

My job seems safe right now I work in the fast food industry (McDonalds) andit seems to be doing good yet. I plan on buying new broadheads and a new release this year and maybe another treestand. I was going to get a new bow but bought my wife a new diamond wrap for her wedding ring instead.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

Man if your on commissioned sales you must be one hell of a salesman. If i put my salesman on comm. they wouldn't be able to get a drink of water out of the fountain at walmart.
i mean our overall sales are not down but traffic has slowed considerably.

as to new equipment. I could be broke and still try and buy stuff i dont need.
I'll match anyone's price and go above and beyond to get a sale. I'd rather sell at $100 less than the advertised price than lose a $6000 sale!

The main thing is to remember that those people are visitng you for a reason, and it's not to window shop. Offer excellent customer service, to every single customer,and more often than not, you'll get the sale.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

i am a probation officer, so when times are tough, my business keeps on going. i do plan on starting my own euro mount business on the side this upcoming fall. hopefully that will help bring in some extra cash for hunting goodies.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope to remain fortunate as my job & the misses are both in stable industries and look to weather these rough economic times. I've not cut back my spending attitudes. That said I don't have much to get for the coming year. A new sight for my old bow& rest for the new bow is still yet to be purchased.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Panic mode since Ohio is in bad shape and I work with the state. I am lucky to have a degree in teaching to fall back on but schools are not in great shape either.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Work is great for me but that is bad for everyone else in our community, Being in Law enforcement when the economy goes bad our bussiness picks up.. Walt
Old 02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I work retail. So it hasn't effected me yet. I get a few hours cut here and their.

I have noticed it though in my firefighting. Alot of people are burning whatever they can find and its causing alot of chimney fires in my area.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Graduated with an engineering degree in December. Had a good paying job lined up out of school but the plant I was going to work for had a temporary closing due to demand and I lost my job.

Looking for an entry level job in metallurgical engineering in this area is proving to be quite difficult.

I'm planning on starting back at school and getting my MBA so that I have a more marketable set of degrees and hopefully the job market will be closer to normal when I'm done.

As for hunting gear I'll wait til my birthday...no purchases for me! Besides I have everything I need anyway.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Savin' a little money in the event that the bottom falls completely out of the construction industry... the pup and I will be alright. I did begin my AR Build, got a new puppy on the way and... put in for my Wyoming elk tag.

Quick Reply: money-money-money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.