Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 money-money-money >

money-money-money

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

money-money-money

Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: money-money-money

Cougar, what is a laser tuning guide? Sounds interesting.
Well, I can't remember the exact name of it[X(]. Its one of those things you fasten to your bow when setting up your rest for making it quicker, easier. Guess I really don't need it, being I wouldn't use it often and got along all these years without it but it would be cool to have. Probably should just save some money and buy a decent bow press, I'd use it a lot more.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still have several purchases lined up and already made a couple.

I can feel the squeeze, not sure what construction is going to do this year.

I'll probably cut my out of State hunts down a little this year, but still have a couple planned, and buy another preference point in IA.

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, things are such that I haven't re-booked an Alberta hunt for '09![&o] I do have alarge chunk coming from Uncle Sam though, so maybe things might be subject to change. A full time job wouldn't hurt though! Things in the tree industry aren'tvery good right now. People are only getting done what HAS (storm damage ect...)to be done. Things should pick up come Spring time.Thankfully, I have pretty much what I need/want equipment wise though.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

i'll let you know tomorrow if i'll be purchasing anything new after Gov. Spendell announces if he's planning on laying off a bunch of state workers
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Since this is a bowhunting forum, how about asking hows everyone fairing the junk economic times right now in relation to purchasing bowhunting products?

For me, I am looking to purchase another bow, buying a lazer tuning guide, arrows, sight, rest but am being cautious at this time. I'll be having my first grandchild soon so we are helping the kids out with buying stuff.....my wife loves buying baby things. I have a seemingly safe job for now and our company sales orders seem to be on par with last year, but does anyone really know what is really safe? Besides that my 401K is in the dumper at this time[:@].
Makes TWO of us!!! I'm doing okay, but working as a nurse, there is always work, so I'm pretty safe in the overall realm. I'm having 11% put away for retirement, 4% by me and 7% by my employer, along with other stuff, so I'm "safe," I think. As for equipment, I just picked up a bow on the AT classified for my nephew that lives in the OP's hometown, and I'm getting ready to set it up later this week. I'd like to upgrade to an AM35, but I can wait, and that's no change from my past situation. I WOULD like to head to CO for an elk hunt, but need to find one or two OHIO guys who are willing to make the trip to make it affordable from the fuel standpoint. Any takers???
Old 02-03-2009, 08:46 AM

were at in CO Doug ? i put in for a tag in Ky this year as did a bunch of family members so hopefully someone draws one. i did see in ohio outdoor news there goin from 400 to 1000 tags next year "hey its possible" lol
Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I work for the local county government and things are really bad. We are downsizing by approximately 30%-35% so that means people have already begun to loose their jobs. A guy that works relief for us just lost his job and just purchased a home with his wife and kids 6 months ago. A couple of people that work for me are facing losing their jobs in the upcoming months. I am thankful to have a job and I will do whatever it takes to keep for my family. My wife's current position in the school system may be on the chopping block, but she has 10 years in so I believe she will be protected. Our county government is $39 million in debt and the school system is $50 million in debt. We are in trouble.

So I will continue to drive my beat up truck and not buy anything.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Im in college and try to make enough in the summer months to hold be over through the school year, so i can pretty much afford to drive back to home from school. Then i get to do a little hunting on the farms.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

If Congress passes the 5 day postal week... I'll probably be out of a job....
Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Times are so tough in my hometown that they are flying over and dropping bottles of prozac.

I'm in carpentry and I would like to be doing some spec. log homes. I'm scared to build right now. Lots of forclosed homes being sold on the court house steps. I would like to buy one and resell but banks aren't lending so I'm afraid I might get stuck with it. I'm like a plane circling the airport waiting to land and hoping I don't run out of gas before things open up.

Quick Reply: money-money-money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.