HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Just got my 11-10-07 buck... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/285135-just-got-my-11-10-07-buck.html)

louddrummer69 02-03-2009 05:40 AM

Just got my 11-10-07 buck...

I posted this in the deer hunting forum but this is where I call home so I apologize in advance. This is the last buck I've taken with a rifle and was lucky to take him 11-10-07. I just got him back yesterday and thought I would share with you guys. i think the taxi did a pretty good job on him. Haven't put the tape to him but think he'll go 135-140 approximate. Oh and I was wearing orange but took it off for the picture just an FYI....:D Thanks guys.

FLboy77 02-03-2009 06:10 AM

RE: Just got my 11-10-07 buck...

Nice looking mount!! I dont care if you took him with a rifle!! Nice Job!!

ZachCL 02-03-2009 07:08 AM

Good job, buck looks good

LebeauHunter 02-03-2009 07:23 AM

Nice buck, great inside spread.

MeanV2 02-03-2009 08:01 AM

Congrats on the Buck!

Dan

IL-Cornfed 02-03-2009 08:17 AM

Congrats on the buck! However, it looked like you took the money saving route on his mount. A discount taxi to try to save some money perhaps??? It seems that a shabby taxi job sure stands out when compared to a exceptional job..... luckily he isn't displayed next to one.Personally, I look at this way, you have to stare at that animal ALL you life.... why not spend the little extra money on the best taxi you can find??? Judging by the faded hide (indicative of a cheap self-tanning process) and the "fluffy" ears and shabby eye and nose work... I'd guess that the taxi is either NEW or simply lacks the experience. You asked for feedback. :)

Congrats on the buck though, you do look very proud of 'em.

louddrummer69 02-03-2009 08:27 AM

IL-Cornfed-You know looking at the pics it does look like his hide is faded but I think the flash from the camera gave it that look. That buck had mass scars on him on his face and the back of his head. I know for a fact, my taxi doesn't do his own tanning and the ears aren't fluffy at all. It isn't a stuffed animal. He is an award winning taxidermist and the reason it took so long to get him back is because he has so many to do. He's done all my mounts and think he did a good job. 425 bucks isn't a cheap mount to me. If you would like to contact him his name is Bill McKintosh of Cedar Creek Taxidermy in Saint Joseph, Missouri. But thanks for the feedback and opinion.

early in 02-03-2009 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Congrats on the buck! However, it looked like you took the money saving route on his mount. A discount taxi to try to save some money perhaps??? It seems that a shabby taxi job sure stands out when compared to a exceptional job..... luckily he isn't displayed next to one.Personally, I look at this way, you have to stare at that animal ALL you life.... why not spend the little extra money on the best taxi you can find??? Judging by the faded hide (indicative of a cheap self-tanning process) and the "fluffy" ears and shabby eye and nose work... I'd guess that the taxi is either NEW or simply lacks the experience. You asked for feedback. :)

Either I'm blind/can't read, or both, butwhere did he say anythingabout feedback? What a piece of work!:eek:And I'm not talking about the mount, because Ilike that.;)Congrats on a real nice buck.

virginiashadow 02-03-2009 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Either I'm blind/can't read, or both, butwhere did he say anythingabout feedback? What a piece of work!:eek:And I'm not talking about the mount, because Ilike that.;)Congrats on a real nice buck.
x2 Early. Goodness gracious IL-cornfed. GREAT buck, great work on getting him.

nosualc 02-03-2009 09:46 AM

Nice Buck! You've every right to be proud of that deer and the mount! Always a sour-puss in every crowd.

IL-cornfed... WTF? No, he didn't ask for feedback, nor a hyper-critical flame of his mount. Why you peeing in his Cheerios?

-nosualc