Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TFOX, Gri22ly, PSE16 and other KY members >

TFOX, Gri22ly, PSE16 and other KY members

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TFOX, Gri22ly, PSE16 and other KY members

Old 02-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default TFOX, Gri22ly, PSE16 and other KY members

Anyone here from these guys?
I have text TFOX and I have not heard back.

Anyone here from any of these guys? Or anybody else in KY?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TFOX, Gri22ly, PSE16 and other KY members

Ok TFOX is good shape!!!! I just heard from him.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gary, We have relatives in KY. and phone service is still spotty and many are still out of power.

Dan
Old 02-02-2009, 01:00 PM

Grizz is out of power but got a generator and finally some food. His general area was demolished....some areas expected to be without for up to 6 weeks.[&:]

93 of 120 Counties in KY declared state of emergency.
as of this morning 350,000 people still without power.
Governor declared this was worst natural disaster in modern history for KY
Many schools are still out due to being shelters for citizens without power, most for days as of now...but Muhlenburg county is closed "until further notice" they are one of the counties expected to be without for over a month.
100s of KY National Guard called to active duty to help restore power and distribute food/products to those in shelters. Biggest calling to duty for KY National Guard ever.

I live in Bowling Green, 3rd largest city in KY. Our county has a pop of 120k ish I think. We had about half the county down, but back up and running in a few days. All surrounding areas are still down. We just have a huge staff of linemen in Warren County, who are now working surrounding counties. ALOT of out of state linemen crews coming in to help as well. With literally 1000s of poles down, it will be a long tedious process.

This wasn't just KY either, many states were hit. I think KY may have got the worst of it from what it sounds like though. I oddly enough, never lost power once.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I managed to survive. College was shut down Wed-Fri and my cell phone service spotty the last few days. I've been up in Graves County since Saturday evenning helping people get fallen trees off of their houses...Its still a mess in my part of the state.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the concern germ and I am doing fine but there are many that still need some prayers.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wishing nothing but the best for all the KY folks, we have a few ice storms every year up here but I cant recall any that bad. It can only get better from here!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:20 PM
N2D

I was out of work all last week due to power being out. At home we were out one day but we heat with wood so it was no biggie. It was worse north of here up by my work (Richmond). Have heard that some will be out until endof this month.

Ed
Old 02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

My thought and prayers are with you downthere waiting for things to be restored. Mother Nature can be very cruel at times. Hopefully they get things back to "normal" sooner than expected.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm glad and hoping all of our HNI family members are okay in all that.

On a side note, I'm surprised I wasn't asked to head down that way to help. KY is a big Windstream area and we're occassionally outsourced to help out in extreme circumstances such as these.

Quick Reply: TFOX, Gri22ly, PSE16 and other KY members

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.