Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "hissing hellrazor" >

"hissing hellrazor"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"hissing hellrazor"

Old 02-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default "hissing hellrazor"

well i got the ole hoyt katera out and shot a few and when i did, i noticed my hellrazors hiss when they fly. They are accurate and all but i was wondering if a deer could hear this and duck at distances less than 35 yards. if a deer is farther than that i plan to put the 2 blade rage through him
Old 02-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "hissing hellrazor"

Why would you want to use the Broadhead that uses more kinetic energy at further distances than the one that uses less?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a friend that shoots Hellrazors and I've never noticed any noise from them. Is the Bow in tune?

I have never been concerned by arrow noise. I have shot Feathers most of the time and their are few things noisier in flight than feathers. I have never had it to cost me.

Deer jump the string because, a Noisy Bow, Already alerted Deer. etc. IMHO and experience Deer will Not jump the string past 30 yards. Any noise is out of their comfort zone and they don't have the same reaction they would if it were closer.

Dan
Old 02-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure it's the broadhead and not a loose fletch?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heads like the hellrazer, snuffer, snuffer ss and montec can "hiss" in flight. A lot depends on what fletching and arrows your using along with how fast your setup is. That said I don't think the deer will here it until after it passes through.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I have a friend that shoots Hellrazors and I've never noticed any noise from them. Is the Bow in tune?

I have never been concerned by arrow noise. I have shot Feathers most of the time and their are few things noisier in flight than feathers. I have never had it to cost me.

Deer jump the string because, a Noisy Bow, Already alerted Deer. etc. IMHO and experience Deer will Not jump the string past 30 yards. Any noise is out of their comfort zone and they don't have the same reaction they would if it were closer.

Dan
alrite thanks, and im pretty sure the bows still in tune, i will go to the shop and tune her again to make sure but around 3 months ago is when i had it tuned
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

mine are silent. or at least I can't hear them.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heads like the hellrazer, snuffer, snuffer ss and montec can "hiss" in flight.
Right on 5 shot!! My snuffers don't hiss but a friend of mine that wanted to shoot snuffers didn't dare. Them suckers hissed so loud that I can almost gaurantee the deer would of been jumping the string or moving. I wouldn't be shooting snuffers If my heads were as loud as my buddys were. If I remember right my buddy was shooting 5" 3 fletch feathers out of his longbow pulling 65lbs. My set up Is 4" 4 fletched feathers out of a recurve pulling 60+lbs. That's wierd, I have more Inches of feathers then him but yet my arrows were much quieter and my bow Is also faster In fps.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

Heads like the hellrazer, snuffer, snuffer ss and montec can "hiss" in flight.
+1. I had that problem with Montecs.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My montecs hiss but i dont worry about it at all

Quick Reply: "hissing hellrazor"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.