Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It's all about ME! >

It's all about ME!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's all about ME!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default It's all about ME!

So when did this country become an "it's all about me" mentality?

I see it all too often on message boards.

There is a guy on a message board that I read in a thread slamming a manufacturer for of all things, a tiny little rubber arm coming off his stabilizer. His thread mentions that he never even called the company but got a response via an email and after waiting for this little rubber piece to be replaced, he goes on a national archery forum and slams the company. Again, for something that was probably missing because of his own neglect and wear and tear.

Why is everyone today so quick to judge and want, want, want probably more than they deserve?

Now mind you, I've had issues with equipment from lighted nocks to tuning equipment etc and I would never consider just shooting my mouth off and creating threads to bash the company. I'll give each company I deal with the courteousy they deserve until they go beyond actually neglect.

Most of the time too, they are usually false and a person just wants to push their agenda. Everyone is so me oriented that if someone differs they are quickly to bash that person or that product.

Seems if you don't hunt the way they do, use what they do then we are doing it totally wrong. While hunting with friends is something that I thoroughly enjoy and won't trade for the world, bow hunting is a solitary adventure. What I carry in the woods, what I do in my woods has absolutely no bearing on your equipment or your woods so why is so important for others to point out someone Else's flaws or equipment?

Why are we so judgmental and me oriented? I feel the world needs more common courteousy.

Okay, that was ole Rob's turn to vent for a change. [&:]
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's all about ME!

Values and common-sense my friend, it all starts at home...
Not knowing the complete story from both sides I have a hard time choosing sides,
but I do understand what your saying and see it on a daily basis, sad isn't it.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's every aspect of society.Everyone feels they are entitled to things, but no one wants to put any effort in to earn it themselves. But don't worry. Savior Obama is here and will give everyone in the country everything they've every desired.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Its not just America it is all over the world in everything from the way people drive, to the way they walk down the street, people often don't even seem to care about their children as much as they do themselves!

Its sad to see!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good thread Rob.Venting is agood thing! I'm sure that I've been guilty of this kind of hehavior in the past. I will say that for myself, when I see that I've done wrong or said something that's wrong/uncalled for, I'll admit it. At that point I have noproblem apologizingfor it.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know the thread of which you speak, Rob.

That guy was a.... well I can't say it here on the forum. BUt I'd be happy to PM you what I call people like that
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dogboy900

Its not just America it is all over the world in everything from the way people drive, to the way they walk down the street, people often don't even seem to care about their children as much as they do themselves!

Its sad to see!
The world is what you make of it.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

ORIGINAL: dogboy900

Its sad to see!
The world is what you make of it.
And who you surround yourself with! If you like what you're getting, keep doing what you're doing.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

We live in a fast paced rat race lifestyle. Our existence has drifted from a clan/community mentality to a me me me existence. We reap what we sow and we have sown a lot of crap throughout the last few decades.

Everyone is about me me me....the banks, the automotive industry, people thinking the government is supposed to exist to lower their mortgages and bail them out.

Enough of my side bar ranting....I hear what you are saying Rob and I agree. People spouting off like someone gives a dang about their little problems with a $.23 rubber piece. Good lord.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Site Buck Guru

Can't vent right now. I'm in a happy place and that don't happen too often! [:-]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.