Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are there artists among us? >

Are there artists among us?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are there artists among us?

Old 02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are there artists among us?

Super work Chris and Dogboy! Dogboy, his crooked nose adds character!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

I am always amazed at the hidden talents people have.

iamyourhuckleberry those buckles are great, my brother has done some similar work with native New Zealand themes and I know the amount of work he put into getting the moulds just right. I have not been brave enough to venture into paints yet, just learning to sketch is hard enough!

Chris I really like that elk but the scratch board woodie really appeals to me, great work.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

superb work hucklebarry, they look awesome. They look like tedious work.
I guess you could call this some form of art work. I engrave canyon stones. And yes i have sold alot of them. Im currently doing/ learning Taxidermy habitat displays. I have my first ever waiting for my Archery turkey so ill wait on pics when its done. I just did one for Hunsuckers Giant buck to be mounted on but will let him post those pics when he gets his buck done I do some engraving on wood to. here are just a drop in the bucket of ones i have done.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool Dan, are the designs sandblasted into the cobbles or what? I cannot image them being carved preciselywithout some damage occurring. Please tell...

Chris, I think your elk would make an awesome buckle.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Spike

Hey Huck I like the silver work, very impressive.
Do you do the casting yourself as well? I used to work as a Pattern Maker in a foundry so i know a little of the more industrial side of that type of work.
Unfortuneately i dont have a creative bone in my body so ive nothing to show of my own!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure if you would call this art or not but I made this out of shed antlers...

Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im an artist... of a different kind Heres a couple pics from a few years ago. Ive been in several bands and recorded a couple songs...

(dont know what i was doin with my mouth lol!!!)

I havent been doin too much lately with it b/c of school, and shooting. My passion started shifting to archery about a year and a half ago or so and music slowly went down hill from there.

Derek
Old 02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes....It is sand blasted in using a rubber stencil and blaster. I either freehand the stencil or create a print to transfer to the rubber to be temporaialy glued to the stone. Its then cut out using an x-acto knife and peeled out, The blasting bounces off the rubber but cuts/etches anything lifted out. I then clean with air and paint before removing rubber.
Buckeye...In my eyes, thats art I like it!!
ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Cool Dan, are the designs sandblasted into the cobbles or what? I cannot image them being carved preciselywithout some damage occurring. Please tell...

Chris, I think your elk would make an awesome buckle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice everyone! I do not have one ounce of artistic ability,which just has me really appreciate those that can do what you guy's do.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

What about digital? I can't draw for the life of me (Some of you guys are GOOD), so I turned to graphic design. Here are a few of the things I've done:

Arrow Wrap:

Steeler's Wallpaper (Small version):

Sticker:

Racing Logo:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.