HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Looking for a new release (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/284852-looking-new-release.html)

MOmightymite 01-31-2009 04:58 PM

Looking for a new release

I'm looking for a new release. I want to stick with a thumb release that i can use while hunting as well as target. I tried a carter fits me too today and thought it was really sensitive, but after shooting it for a while i started grouping really well. The only problem was the shop owner wanted $189 for it which i thought was really high. I know a lot of guys shoot carters. Which ones do you prefer and why. By the way... i have pretty small hands so it has to be a smaller model.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-31-2009 05:21 PM

RE: Looking for a new release

I love my Carter but you can't buy it anymore, it's called a Hole in the Thing 3. I'd imagine maybe you can find it used. You can activate either the thumb or the pinky. I use it with the pinky and back tension but if I develop a flinch, I change to thumb and then back. But I digress.:D

I'm not sure which one I'd choose next. They are all so very very close in resemblance and all roughly, costly. [&:]

MOmightymite 01-31-2009 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'm not sure which one I'd choose next. They are all so very very close in resemblance and all roughly, costly. [&:]
Yes they are, in both aspects. I looked on their website and some of them are the exact same except for like 1/8" difference in gaps. I found some on yeoldarchery.com for like$160. I knew shops were higher priced usually but didnt think it would be that different in price.

sr77 02-01-2009 07:47 AM

The new Carter out, I believe its called the "backstrap" looks awesome. Hold the trigger down while you draw, once at full draw you let go of the trigger and pull through the shot. This is a wrist strap release though.

Shane

drockw 02-01-2009 08:15 AM

I shoot an Insatiable2 for my thumb release... ITs really good IMHO and i love it. I mostly use my bt release but whenever i use anything else, its the thumb release. You can find them on AT in the classifieds for decent prices.

Rob- I know exactly what release you are talking about. I shot one a few months back. It was kinda weird to set at first b/c on his the pinky trigger was set as a safety.

Derek

TFOX 02-01-2009 11:15 AM

The carter fits me too can be adjusted to a real heavy trigger(first thing I did to mine) and is a great release but they are expensive.Believe it or not,the shop isn't making a killing at that price,even the dealer cost is high.

benno 02-01-2009 05:45 PM

mate have you tried the CCPorter Mako release? Its a thumb thimble release - fully adjustable both creep (i shoot mine with zero movement) and pull weight required.
I cant tell the difference in quality between it and the Carter and its a fair bit cheaper.

MOmightymite 02-01-2009 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The carter fits me too can be adjusted to a real heavy trigger(first thing I did to mine) and is a great release but they are expensive.Believe it or not,the shop isn't making a killing at that price,even the dealer cost is high.
I know they are expensive but i've found it online for $160, so hes about $30 high. I could still get it cheaper even with shipping. Unfortunately that's the only carter he had in stock, so i couldn't try more out.

MeanV2 02-02-2009 09:39 AM

Carter releases are expensive, but IMHO are the best. I have some pretty good prices on them as well;)

Dan