HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Season Closed...a memory. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/284842-season-closed-memory.html)

LouisianaTomkat 01-31-2009 03:23 PM

Season Closed...a memory.

Well, buckless again this season. Went out yesterday morning and had 4 does at 20yds and could not for the life of me get a shot.[:@]

Went back this morning and sat in the ground blind near the same spot. No luck, they did not show.

I had a really hard time deciding what to do for this last evening. A year ago today, my evening hunt was interrupted by a call from my wife telling me to come home. I could tell in her voice it was something wrong. I raced home to find that my 19 yr old niece had died. I am still living with that memory every time I go on an evening hunt. So, instead of going and sitting in the stand till dark this evening, I went to another niece's birthday party. I left about an hour before sundown. When I got home, I just sat there in my truck with the windows down listening to nature going to sleep. I sat in my truck until sundown remembering that life is not always about me and my desires.

I'll miss you Brooke.

LT

Schultzy 01-31-2009 03:41 PM

RE: Season Closed...a memory.

I just sat there in my truck with the windows down listening to nature going to sleep. I sat in my truck until sundown remembering that life is not always about me and my desires.
Amen!!

Well said my friend.:)

iamyourhuckleberry 01-31-2009 07:53 PM

:):):)LT, I'm with you.

LouisianaTomkat 01-31-2009 08:03 PM

Thanks Steve.

Thanks Will.

LT

Edcyclopedia 02-01-2009 02:47 AM

I too do the same thing on every Nov. 17th, when my Dad passed (R.I.P.~1993 @ 51 years young).

This year Dad sent me a gift, a nice buck on this day.
The emotions were high from the start of my sit @ 3PM, until 10PM when I got home and afterward...
Seconds after I shot my 8 pointer and the smoke was still in the air from my muzzle loader,
my sister called to tell me that my father's sister had just got rushed to the ER in a diabetic coma.
I really didn't have time to celebrate my kill with Dad, spiritually, as it was all business until getting to my aunt/god-mother to show my support and love.
She's OK now, or I'll say stable, as she has many medical issues.

Life is like a roller-coaster and sometimes you need to strap yourself in and put on a helmet.[&o]

God bless you and your family!

GregH 02-01-2009 04:34 AM

Sounds like a satisfying way to end your season. It's been two years, I still sometimes find myself reaching for my phone to call my dad and tell him about the day's hunt.