Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I guess I'll hold off on sheddin' (UPDATE with pics) >

I guess I'll hold off on sheddin' (UPDATE with pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I guess I'll hold off on sheddin' (UPDATE with pics)

Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I guess I'll hold off on sheddin' (UPDATE with pics)

I just got a call from my grandpa, and hetold me that he's watching 2 of thebiggest bucks he's ever seen in his life eat corn near the creek in his back yard. Not sure about his antler scoring abilities but he said both are easily over 150", one maybe reaching 170.He explained that he couldnt believe the mass on the onebuck.

Do you think its worth it to put a camera out to try and get pics of these bucks? I'd like to see them with my own eyes..He's never seen either of them before, its usually justa group of 8 does/fawns.

Ive heard from a lot of people that bucks were dropping early this year, and from others
(130woodman's thread for example), the bucks still have them, even in very cold areas of the country.
Whats the situation in your neck of the woods?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Well i got a camera out there, left it out for 9 days, and got 518 pictures. The monster didnt show up but I did get some cool pics and the smaller buck of the 2 that he saw.. score is nothing to me, a nice deer is a nice deer. I'll be looking for this guys sheds, and going after him bext year. I'll post the rest of my favorite pics from this go-around on the trail cam forum later tonight.

Buck that's dropped??:

Old 01-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I guess I'll hold off on shed hunting just yet

Get a camera out there. Who knows what you'll get. Haven't had time to look for sheds here so I don't know if they are falling yet.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get the camera out there then you'll know when they drop
Old 01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

I just got a call from my grandpa, and hetold me that he's watching 2 of thebiggest bucks he's ever seen in his life eat corn near the creek in his back yard. Not sure about his antler scoring abilities but he said both are easily over 150", one maybe reaching 170.He explained that he couldnt believe the mass on the onebuck.

Do you think its worth it to put a camera out to try and get pics of these bucks? I'd like to see them with my own eyes..He's never seen either of them before, its usually justa group of 8 does/fawns.

Ive heard from a lot of people that bucks were dropping early this year, and from others
(130woodman's thread for example), the bucks still have them, even in very cold areas of the country.
Whats the situation in your neck of the woods?
When do you think we should head over to your grandpop's?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha.. well thats the plan, to take one of my moultrie cameras over there tomorrow. I really wanna see these bucks, my grandpa doesnt get excited easily and I could tell by his voice that these were some monster deer. Hopefully I can catch one or both on camera with their antlers still. One thing is for sureI will be looking for thier sheds
Old 01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd definitely get a Cam out there!

Dan
Old 02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well... Iput a camera out there this morning, and put some apples and more corn.
I really hope I get a picture of the monster before he drops his antlers, we'll see.
I'll be sure to post whatever I did get in about a week and a half..
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

updated with pictures....
Old 02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Beautiful buck! He'll be a monster next year. Are these local bucks that you have any history with?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a beautiful buck, wow very symmetrical he will be a dandy buck next year, when you find his shed put a tape on them and post em up. I would like to see what he scores.

Quick Reply: I guess I'll hold off on sheddin' (UPDATE with pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.