Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Special Attention Next Season >

Special Attention Next Season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Special Attention Next Season

Old 01-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Special Attention Next Season

Is there anything that you will be giving special/extra attention to for next year's bow season?I will be hanging my stands higher (no less than 20ft). I'm tired of the "what's that blobup there"?[:@]Also, I'll be MUCH more conscious/caring of wind direction than I have been in the past. I didwork on that this season though.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Special Attention Next Season

I got a pretty big list
Old 01-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I won't be changing much. I established a food plot in 06 and let it go. Lack of rain in 08 hurt it and I'll be redoing it this spring but above that, I'm good to go.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a big list too. I think every year I'll always have a list, but specifically, Im gonna be more aggressive and mobile. Having 3 more stand options plus a climberfor nextseason will help a lot I think. I only hunted from 2 stands and from the ground this past season.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go back to my old buck hunting tactics. This year I tried a few different things and didn't care for It. I should of never tried fixing what wasn't completely broke. It just needed tweaking Is all!!

One other thing I'll add also. I'm going to either buy myself a new lock on portable (I've never owned a store bought stand) or try coming up with a different design on my own that's quieter and lighter then the ones I've been building the last 15 years.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Bartender

Patients on when to hunt a particular area.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will begin scouting tomorrow. I want to tighten up my knowledge of a particular area I hunt and try to gain a lot more knowledge on two more areas.

There are some swamp lands that people barely touch and I really want to pick the exact trees I will use to hunt out of in the swamps prior to the season beginning.

I am going to print out and laminate contour maps to use during my scouting trips. They will be used in conjunction with my GPS unit.

It seems to me that I don't need to change much from year to year,and that I just need to get more and more specific with my approach to deer hunting. What that means to me is thatfocusing on all the small details adds up to success.

Although I believe I hunted hard this year over the course of many days in the woods, I only put in one all day sit which was a slack off for me. This year while on vacation I am going to put in at least 3-4 all day sits in the pre-rut, around thick bedding areas.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

after being out today for sometime i found a couple trails jus beat to death in the snow.. i plan on tryin to set upalong these trails next spring..
Old 01-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Other than running Trail Cams a little more during late Summer, it will be much the same for me.

Tactics are Great, but Nothing beats time in the Woods!

There are a lot of Right places, being there at the Right time is the key

Dan
Old 01-31-2009, 04:41 PM

I plan on doing more productive scouting...starting now and get my bow tuned to its highest capability and flinging 'darts' for next year..i shoot o.k. groups now (2"@30 yds) buy i want to get my arrows flying 'straighter'....and get myself into better shape for the season.....

Quick Reply: Special Attention Next Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.