Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For all you college hunters out there >

For all you college hunters out there

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all you college hunters out there

Old 01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For all you college hunters out there

I tried the dorm thing at UC about3 years back.. Not for me, I'd rather commute. I likelooking out the window in the morningand seeing deer and turkeysin the pasture, not metro busses and homeless people drinking cheap vodka at 8 am. UC is an urban campus and I am far from an "urban" person..

But cool dorm rooms everyone, thats good to see
Old 01-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I displayed my 10 pt buck on in my dorm my senior year. Most folks thought it was really cool. Even many of the girls although first reaction was always fun. I was however, worried that someone would swipe it. This was the reason I waited till senior year when I knew most of the folks etc.

Funny thing... Girl friend always made me put my t-Shirt over it's head before we would start the laundry. Before her, my room mates get a kick out of me putting "protection" in the mouth of the deer each weekend. I was on the top bunk and the deer was pretty close. Just made a nice holder. Next morning it was also funny to see other pieces of clothing on it's rack.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Im a college guy, but I dont dorm. I do have my mounts hanging proudly at home though!
We are required to live on campus our first year. I can't wait till August when I move into my own house
That is something that I think OSU should kick out of the "have to'" as a freshman. I hated it, but believe me when you do move out it gets expensive fast. My advice is to find a job where housing is provided.

I have only these two up, its all the wife will let me have untill we get a bigger home (all we have now is an apartment inside a barn but hey its free so I wont complain). The euro mount is my biggest bow buck, shot him 4 yrs ago and just finished the mount like 2 months ago, thats just procrastination at its finest. The other is my first whitetail I ever shot, I am still pretty proud of him.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Hey the way I see it, if the libs or girls dont like it then they don't deserve to be in my room!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KansasBBD

nothing bigger than a tack can go through the walls in the dorm so mounts are a no go. However, we did talk to the school board and they let us keep our bows in the room(told them i was not about to leave a $1000 bow in my truck regardless of how "secure" the campus is). We just have to keep our shotguns in the trucks under our seats though.
Lucky.....I have my bow with me at college, but I have to turn it in to the RD....same thing if I had my guns too....