Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How does scent stopping clothing work? >

How does scent stopping clothing work?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How does scent stopping clothing work?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How does scent stopping clothing work?

Im not trying to start a debate on wether scent lok/scent blocker clothes work or not... I just wanted to know if you where to put your scent lok item on, and than say put on a waterproof non scent-lok parka over that, will you still be benefiting from the scent lok or does it only work if its your outside most layer?

Basiclly im asking does it matter what layer your scent lok is put on your body, as long as you have it on it should reduce your scent no matter what layer its on right?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How does scent stopping clothing work?

It doesn't! Maybe when it is brand new! I read through a court case on time, some guy sued Scent lok, claiming that the product does not do what they claim. He won, and I know of more then one case.. Basically what I remeber was that the clothing once it looses it's carbon "Charge" it must be reactivated. We all know this. However, for it to recharge it has to reach like 1200 degrees or something. No household dryer can pull that off. not to mention the clothing would burn. I think it is all a gimic, The best thing we can do is hunt the wind.. And use cover scent.. If anyone disagree's, that's fine.. Stop by and look at my trophy wall!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

It will work as an underlayer or outer layer. Scent Blocker is just a small part of effective scent control in preparing to hunt with the wind.

If it is in your budget it is worth the time and money, but if you do not practice scent control 200% and expect to throw on Scent Blocker and hunt scent free. Think Again!!

Dan
Old 01-29-2009, 04:10 AM
Dominant Buck

There are multiple types of scent suppressive garments on the market, but they all work the same way, they effectively separate suckers from their money.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

There are multiple types of scent suppressive garments on the market, but they all work the same way, they effectively separate suckers from their money.
Now that right there is a funny, yet true statement!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 01-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

My point exactly! But if you look at the Hunting Industry, Companies advertise their products to make us all believe that there product works. They sponsor, pay, the big wigs in the TV business to tell us they couldn't have killed any animals with out there $500 scent free suit! Bull Sh*t! It is all just a gimic!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I acutally just read on the scent lok site that they say the life expectancy is only about 3-5 years... when i spend 200 bucks on pants i intend on using them till the day i die, im starting to think some of you may be right.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

i just found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXp3kv8fs_0
Old 01-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The idea is interesting. The problem is it is supposed to block all scent. So its absorbing all scent even any cover scent.

wash your clothes in scent free detergent ...let them air out... hunt the wind.....(Save your money)

Quick Reply: How does scent stopping clothing work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.