Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade >

Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade

Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade

I have been shooting the Muzzy's for the last few years, but I have lost a couple of deer because of no blood trail. Thinking about giving the Rage a try. I have never shot a mechanical broadhead, and need to learn more about them. How do you practice with a mechanical? Do they have a practice head like the Muzzy's do? Is there anything that I need to know about them other then they leave a huge hole?[8D]How much do they cost compared to the Muzzy?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade

The rages come with a practice head. Just make sure you have enough KE to use them or you will probably be disapointed with them. I think they are $35 a pack but im not 100% sure.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:41 PM

if you are not set on rage, go to the grim reaper web site and check out the videos they have on all broadheads. they show the grim reaper shooting through a steel drum and not damaging the head, but the rage gets destroyed as well as many others. Just check it out, I think they are both good heads.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sgriffn

if you are not set on rage, go to the grim reaper web site and check out the videos they have on all broadheads. they show the grim reaper shooting through a steel drum and not damaging the head, but the rage gets destroyed as well as many others. Just check it out, I think they are both good heads.
Everytime i see that video it cracks me up. When i start hunting steel drums, ill start usingthe grim reaper
Old 01-27-2009, 05:53 PM

well if the head want go through a thin layer of metal, do you actually think it will make it through a thick shoulder blade such that on a big game animal? Both heads are good, just depends on what each desires.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

try nap spitfire, great great broadheads and it does not have an o ring at all
Old 01-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really think that the rage is a good head as long as you don't hit any bone, from my experiences with it, they wont penetrate well when hitting bone. But if you know that you will hit vitals every time without hitting the shoulder blade your good to go.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good Blood Trails are more about shot placement than broadhead model. There are lots of quality heads out there.

I used Muzzy for years and never had a problem with Bad Bloodtrails. They are a good head and cause good damage just not as tough as the heads I prefer now

There is no Broadhead that cures poor shot placement. Remember in Bowhunting things aren't always as they appear.

Dan
Old 01-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is no Broadhead that cures poor shot placement. Remember in Bowhunting things aren't always as they appear.
Best line of the day Dan!!! Well said!!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Best line of the day Dan!!! Well said!!
And another....

If you are thinking about RAGES, you also need to make sure you have plenty of energy to punch 'em through. Lots of guys out there shooting and wounding/losing deer because they were shooting a BH that needed a LOT of energy out of a LOW energy bow.

I'm perfectly happy with my Slick Trick Mag's, don't see me changing anytime soon.

Quick Reply: Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.