HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/284430-thinking-aboout-switching-rage-2-blade.html)

njbuck22 01-28-2009 04:36 AM

RE: Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade

I have always shot NAP Spitfires and i cant say enough good about them. 90% of the deer i have shot with them have fallen in sight. Anyhow, i fell for alittle bit of the hype about the 2 blade rages and picked up a pack. I shot my last doe of the season with them and she ended up just like the buck, other doe and fox that i shot with the Spitfires, dead as a door nail. If your confident in your heads now, shoot them. I think im going to stay with the Spitfires, they havent let me down yet.

TGRIZWALD 01-28-2009 05:10 AM

i shoot grim reapers and slick tricks. i will not even think of the rage heads to many bad stories about losing deer with them. all the guys were shooting 70 pd. so KE should not be a issue

BigDaddy12t 01-28-2009 05:46 AM

WOW! I am really surprised, I thought I would get alot of "good" feedback about the rages, but it sounds like more guys dont really care for them.

Rory/MO 01-28-2009 05:56 AM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

WOW! I am really surprised, I thought I would get alot of "good" feedback about the rages, but it sounds like more guys dont really care for them.
PM Jeff (GMMAT). I'm sure he can give you TONS of info on them.

MeanV2 01-28-2009 06:08 AM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

There are good and bad about any product. Too many times you hear just one side on a forum. I am not Pro Mechanical, but I would easily rate the Rage in the top 3 to 4mechanicals on the market.Out ofthe right setup they will get the job done very nicely, but like everything they are not for everyone.

If you want to try a mechanical they are a solid choice.

Spitfire XP's, Grim Reapers, Rage, Synpers are all solid choices.;)

Dan

fingerz42 01-28-2009 06:56 AM

Bottom line is that alot of people love to hate this product. It's kind of like Mathews, they're both one of the top sellers of the product they make and people hate others who succeed so the best thing to do is complain about them.
Then you've got the other half who are old-school and just set in their ways. They could be 100% wrong in their decision and they would still pretend they were right.
If you're looking for new broadheads I defnitely would suggest checking out the rages, dont let the naysayers get you down. (These people probably have never tried them and just thrive on downgrading Rage) Look around, you'll find that alot.

deer_predator 01-28-2009 07:52 AM

I shot the Spitfires for years (from 1999-2007) and I have only lost one deer (I average 6-9 deer a year). I switched to Muzzy 3 blades in 2007 because I bought a groundblind with shoot-through screens. Well.....I know any well placed shot with any of the broadheads on the market will successfully bring down game..Butttttt...I lost 3 deer this last season (first season with Muzzy's)!!! I just feel that I need that little extra cutting diameter. If you are not confident in your archery setup I am convinced you will feel as if you are not putting forth the 100% you can.

With that said, I switched to the Rage 2 blade and the first doe I came across I harvested with a 45 yard shot. I believe I will stick with Rage until it does me wrong...

Just my .02

Capt. Mark Bennett 01-28-2009 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Good Blood Trails are more about shot placement than broadhead model. There are lots of quality heads out there.

I used Muzzy for years and never had a problem with Bad Bloodtrails. They are a good head and cause good damage just not as tough as the heads I prefer now;)

There is no Broadhead that cures poor shot placement. Remember in Bowhunting things aren't always as they appear.

Dan
Most will agree with this. There is no quick fix for bad shot placement.

mohunter82 01-28-2009 10:41 AM

use em and love em. but there is no product that everyone will love 100% of the time.
try em out and if they arenot for you then thats ok. if you like em use em.

chrowski 01-28-2009 11:10 AM

My deer have always fell after an encounter with my arrows...it's just ever since the switch to the Rage 2-blade, they've all fallen in sight from my treestand.

Take that for what you may....great broadhead in my opinion, but I'm still thinking of switching away and back to fixed blades just for the fun of it.