Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Harrisburg Eastern Sport Show....? >

Harrisburg Eastern Sport Show....?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Harrisburg Eastern Sport Show....?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Harrisburg Eastern Sport Show....?

Made it up Saturday with some friends from out of town (Russ and Todd) and the usual Frank and Dave.

We didn't shoot and finally looked around and shopped from open til' close and it still wasn't enough time.
I must say the place was more packed than I ever remember it even for a first day. The lines and isles were nuts and for a tough economic time.........the money was flying out of that place.[:-]

Talked to Andy a bit at his booth, saw "Bullmoose38" (Adam) but nobody else. You could have marched a pink elephant down some of those isles and I wouldn't have seen it. I did almost run over Tiffany though on her way to the booth across from Thompson Center.
There were some new personalities that I don't remember in year's past including Lee and Tiff, Randy Anderson (predator guy), Sean Mann (waterfowl) and others.

I don't want to get into how much $$$ was spent but at least I wasn't the big spender in the group. Todd took those honors with a Leupold VXIII 6-20 Tactical scope. [:-] a custom knife and a few other things. LOL

I picked up a set of the Walker's Power Muff Quads in Realtree (The newest version too) for only $160. Need those for handgun hunting and at the range. I might even try them turkey hunting.
Grabbed another nice slate/glass call from Enticer calls. Flamed birch pot sounds great and learned I shouldn't be using sandpaper on my pot calls.
talked to Matt Morett for a bit and sadly his calling skills didn't transfer over with a handshake but he did give me one of the new Infinity Latex "Stagger" calls to try. Alex Rutledge was in the booth as well and he is always such an upbeat pleasant guy.
I did pick up some of that Diafresh stuff to keep your calls nice and clean and minty fresh. So even if my calling sounds like crap it won't smell like it.

What else did I get?.........oh a new book on fly fishing the entire Upper Delaware river system. By the way they are advertising an entire fly fishing "pavillion" JOKE. There was 1 vendor and Fly Fisherman magazine. and a couple more out on the main fishing hall floor.
And a pair of the Treehopper ratchet pruners from Chuck Pensyl at the Treehopper booth.

I didn't go nuts at the show because Friday night "Rick James" (Matt) stopped at my house and I bought his predator/varmint rifle as well.
Hey my birthday is coming up.

My taxidermist won best of category for his 1/2 strut gobbler which looked fantastic. (reminds me I need to call him and congratulate)

And that about sums up the weekend, oh and if you go watch out for the guy on the motorized beer cooler. Maniac.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll see ya next Saturday Matt, and others.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Made it up Saturday with some friends from out of town (Russ and Todd) and the usual Frank and Dave.

We didn't shoot and finally looked around and shopped from open til' close and it still wasn't enough time.
I must say the place was more packed than I ever remember it even for a first day. The lines and isles were nuts and for a tough economic time.........the money was flying out of that place.[:-]

Talked to Andy a bit at his booth, saw "Bullmoose38" (Adam) but nobody else. You could have marched a pink elephant down some of those isles and I wouldn't have seen it. I did almost run over Tiffany though on her way to the booth across from Thompson Center.
There were some new personalities that I don't remember in year's past including Lee and Tiff, Randy Anderson (predator guy), Sean Mann (waterfowl) and others.

I don't want to get into how much $$$ was spent but at least I wasn't the big spender in the group. Todd took those honors with a Leupold VXIII 6-20 Tactical scope. [:-] a custom knife and a few other things. LOL

I picked up a set of the Walker's Power Muff Quads in Realtree (The newest version too) for only $160. Need those for handgun hunting and at the range. I might even try them turkey hunting.
Grabbed another nice slate/glass call from Enticer calls. Flamed birch pot sounds great and learned I shouldn't be using sandpaper on my pot calls.
talked to Matt Morett for a bit and sadly his calling skills didn't transfer over with a handshake but he did give me one of the new Infinity Latex "Stagger" calls to try. Alex Rutledge was in the booth as well and he is always such an upbeat pleasant guy.
I did pick up some of that Diafresh stuff to keep your calls nice and clean and minty fresh. So even if my calling sounds like crap it won't smell like it.

What else did I get?.........oh a new book on fly fishing the entire Upper Delaware river system. By the way they are advertising an entire fly fishing "pavillion" JOKE. There was 1 vendor and Fly Fisherman magazine. and a couple more out on the main fishing hall floor.
And a pair of the Treehopper ratchet pruners from Chuck Pensyl at the Treehopper booth.

I didn't go nuts at the show because Friday night "Rick James" (Matt) stopped at my house and I bought his predator/varmint rifle as well.
Hey my birthday is coming up.

My taxidermist won best of category for his 1/2 strut gobbler which looked fantastic. (reminds me I need to call him and congratulate)

And that about sums up the weekend, oh and if you go watch out for the guy on the motorized beer cooler. Maniac.
Ah so you helped Matt fund his AR project

I was curious about how well represented the flyfishing segment would be. Many people were saying this show has less and less every year. It's a shame, really, as that's what I would be really interested in checking out, but I guess I will have the TU show here in town later this winter.

I won't be making it this Saturday of course. Instead, I will be driving north to Syracuse[&:]
Old 02-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ah so you helped Matt fund his AR project
Yeah apparently I'm his main financial backer.
I didn't so bad in the deal either though.......got myself a GOOD predator/groundhog swatter.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

Ah so you helped Matt fund his AR project[/blockquote]

I didn't so bad in the deal either though.......got myself a GOOD predator/groundhog swatter.
If I'd have known he had solid financial support I'd have jacked up the price[8D]

As for the show, is there any designated meet up time or place for Saturday? The Ultimate Camo booth?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

[blockquote]quote:

Ah so you helped Matt fund his AR project[/blockquote]

If I'd have known he had solid financial support I'd have jacked up the price[8D]

As for the show, is there any designated meet up time or place for Saturday? The Ultimate Camo booth?
He's just lucky I didn't see it first or I'd own his gun and yours. LOL There's no shame in my game.

I think the plan is 1PM at the Ultimate Camo booth.
It's in a good spot this year right in the middle of the North Hall with all the stuff you want to buy and not out in left field somewhere.
I think Andy should do really well there.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

oh a new book on fly fishing the entire Upper Delaware river system
Wonder if it's the one I just found at the local Barns and Noble store. Didn't pick it up cuz I had twowaterfowl books in myhand [:-] I did hide it though.

Last years flyfishing selection was limited as well. Bummer!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doh!! Matt, wish I had known you were buying those, Im friends with Bob, and his cousin John is a real good personal friend who is working their booth, could have saved you some money!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Doh!! Matt, wish I had known you were buying those, Im friends with Bob, and his cousin John is a real good personal friend who is working their booth, could have saved you some money!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

From the sounds of things Im the only one gonna be there on Tuesday...

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Harrisburg Eastern Sport Show....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.