Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many

Old 01-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many

I also have a Fully Mounted P&Y Bear, a 6'4" P&Y Bear Rug, Caribou Shoulder & several Rack only skull mounts. My largest Whitetail never got mounted-skull mount 150 10 point. My 1st P&Y Whitetail in 1980-125, 10 point DID get mounted.
I have had animals mounted not just because of size.I have my 1st antler Whitetail Buck from 1964 2x1, My 1st antlered Mule deer 3x3 from around 1978. A Cow Buffalo asI doubt I will ever Bowhunt them again.
1 HUGE wild Boar after taking probably 15 hogs because he TRIED to kill me 1st.
I had my ex-wifes 1st deer (a doe) mounted & her 1st Buck-small 8. My brothers 1st deer (a Doe) my sons 1st fish & then his 1st Bass on a lure (he was 5). I have had animals mounted because of WHY I Bowhunted them-each has a special meaning to me or my family member-the SIZE rack doesn't always come into play but the occassion.
I have been fortunate to have been able to have the funds available to mount whateverI wanted.I have a son & 2 daughters Bowhunting now & WHEN they get animals "I" will see that it is mounted for them if they want it. Good Luck to you all & may you be able to have the animals mounted you want asI have.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:07 AM

I have the first buck I killed with a bow mounted. A decent 8 point, for around here anyways. I haven't killed a monster buck yet but I'm sure he'll end up mounted when I do!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Site Buck Guru

By the middle of summer I should be all caught up on getting my mounts finished. I'll have.......

18 whitetail shoulder mounts

26 plaque mounted antler sets (I have the antlers from every buck that I've shot)

1 full body turkey mount

5 or 6 turkey fans

1 Canadian moose shoulder mount (I got talked into having it done!)

Here is a pic of some of my bigger ones, this years buck is not on there but he will be mounted also.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

By the middle of summer I should be all caught up on getting my mounts finished. I'll have.......

18 whitetail shoulder mounts

26 plaque mounted antler sets (I have the antlers from every buck that I've shot)

1 full body turkey mount

5 or 6 turkey fans

1 Canadian moose shoulder mount (I got talked into having it done!)

Here is a pic of some of my bigger ones, this years buck is not on there but he will be mounted also.

I'm surprised this wasn't posted sooner!Greg, you must have a room just for your buck mounts, right?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: early in

I'm surprised this wasn't posted sooner! Greg, you must have a room just for your buck mounts, right?
I was at work, couldn't post any sooner! [8D] When the rec room is finished I will have them in a couple of rooms. Rec room, archery shop and maybe the spare bedroom. I may need a new house! [:-]
Old 01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I may need a new house!
I'd say so!! Well done there Greg.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 4 including my 08 mount
Old 01-27-2009, 01:03 PM

got 3 8 pointers
Old 01-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Dominant Buck

I have 2 from WAYYYYYYYYYYY back in my bow hunting career. I haven't mounted one since and probably never will. My best ones by far were just sawed off and hang on nails or are fed to squirrels. I have 2 laying on top of a hutch in the den. I left a ton of them hanging in a hunting camp in Georgia that burned after I left.[&:] I'm not big on hanging them all over the house.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've got some nice looking bucks there David.