Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6* >

PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

The commisioners voted today on Crossbows for the general statewide archery season after 2 days of general comment and testimony for and against them.

I was told 38 spoke against, 10 spoke for inclusion.

The vote today came out at 4-3 in FAVOR of crossbows in PA with a "Sunset" provision in 2012 revisiting their use and removal if the impact is negative.

No magnifying sights. Scopes musthave no magnification regardlessof reticle type, crosshair or red dot.

I previously thought it was going to allow 1X scopes but that doesn't appear to be the case.......according to the actual amendment discussion and voting:

Commissioner Palone asked Rich Palmer, Game CommisionLaw EnforcementBureau Chief if 1x30 red dots would be allowed under this amendment.

Palmer, as the amendment is written no.

Commissioner Boop asked Palmer if people with medical permits were allowed to use optics under this amendment -

Palmer - No.

The amendments were voted on together. The vote was:

For the amendments (4) Isabella, Schreffler, Schleiden, and Palone

Against - (3) Delaney, Weaner, Boop

Amendments passed.

This is strictly an FYI, no crossbow arguments for or against please that's now a dead horse and will do no good either way.

What's done is done.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Crossbow vote........4-3

Interesting!

Dan
Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the heads-up. I had been watching the progress, but didn't check on the vote yet.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

One step closer to one big gun season.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

About ready to toss my lunch. [:'(]
Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 AM

Virginia went that way a few years or so ago. Welcome to the club.[&o] The state wants more revenue and this is one way to do it.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 AM

Game and Fish wants more $$ is what it probably boils down to. I think life will go on though, Ohio and others have been this way for a while.

KY hasn't made the leap yet, but its already about halfway there with such a liberal crossbow season. I honestly wouldn't care all that muchif it switched over here, as I don't foresee the massive surge of people into the archery woods like others do though.

Interesting news though, wonder how it will play out.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The thing is, its not going to bring very many new people into archery, and its not going to put any substantial amount of money into the DNR's pocket. What it is going to do is put a **** load of gun hunters into our bow season
Old 01-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You got your Stryker ordered??
Old 01-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

anyone wanna buy a 2006 Reflex Highlander?????

wait..i better keep it...ohio is a short trip away...Rybo, can i tag along? car pool?

i live and hunt hard in a WMU crossbows have already been legal...i seen the increase in hunters...and im sure i will see even more...and, even more farms will be closed to hunting. i can bet on that.

i really wish they would make the bow hunter education course mandatory including a shooting and shot placement test and a longgggg chapter on effective range and shooting ability....charge a price for it and make a little cash from it...i dont care...just sick of farms closing to hunting because farmers are sick of finding and seeing deer with arrows stuck out of their backs and butts...i know bad shots happen...but something is wrong when farmers shut the door on hunters because of it....

so thats my only wish...i'll put up with an increase in numbers so long as everyone out there understands BOW HUNTING and what its all about....

VERY glad they restricted sights...i wish it was no optics AT ALL...would take enough away from the crossbows to kinda take the rifle hunting mantality from them i think....heck, id LOVE to make them not draw the thing till they plan to shoot! that would be GREAT lol.....

nothin we can do now....

Quick Reply: PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.