Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6* >

PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

Old 01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Crossbow vote........4-3

I agree fully King. You have changed my outlook on this mess. Da heck with em. They think it's easy? They can wish in one hand and ....well you know.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Issues in PA are too much orange in the woods, not enough land to hunt, and now that doe season is for 2 weeks, not enough deer. I would agree that a large percentage of the gun hunters are sat. morning hunters, but they are taking heavy #s. The deer populations are dropping in most of the counties that I hunted armstrong, westmoreland, greene, somerset, etc. Adding another season will only make it worse. I like the antler restriction but the 2 week doe season has to go. As for the xbow, I am certain that it will screw things up. Making a comparison with other states is like comparing apples and pigs. PA has a ton of hunters and no matter how good you are, when someone walks under your stand at daybreak, you are not going to be successful. I have hunted for 25 years straight in PA and I saw it all. Hunters stop to talk below my tree,took a crap 30 yds. from the base, stared in the dark at me as if I were a bear in a tree, hunted within 40 yds., busted limbs off trees to scare the deer, gave me the finger because I must have been in their spot, wild shooting hit the ground with 30 yds. of me, etc. It gets harder each year for me to head back home. Looks like I need to go to VA this year.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

niehenke

I am ignorantwhen it comes to the ins and outs ofPA hunting as I have never hunted there so please don't think I am trying to tell youit willgo down justlike it didhere in VA. Just trying togive a comparisonin regards to the situation. It was a big deal here in VA when it all went down but after a season or twomost realized it was much ado about nothing. I hope it works out that way for you PA guys.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

If anyone doubts crossbows in PA was political agenda and manufacturer driven all one needs to do is read this article.
State legistaors are already getting involved to change the "No magnification" ban because "They don't like it"

Legislature shouldn't have any say in the happenings of the Game Commission.

$$$ baby, money talks archers walk.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/outdoors/s_609416.html

I was also told that these same state lawmakers already had legislature written up and ready to go to change the vote if the Commission voted against inclusion. BAsically they were going to simply step in and pass a law that allowed them in regardless of the voting or wishes of the hunters of the state.

Does that tell you anything about the politics of this issue? Now people who have ABSOLUTELY no clue about the actual issues are getting involved because somebody is whispering in their ears?
Ever see the Geico commercial with the stack of money staring at the person?

I can live with the decision as written by the commissioners to allow crossbows, as it seemed about as fair as they could make it and also keep legislature from getting involved....we as archers will adapt.
Apparently that wasn't good enough for the political powers that be who don't and shouldn't have a say on these matters.
They're going to go over everyone's heads and planned to from the start.

This deck was stacked from the start.

I'm THIS close tosaying I've bought my last archery license ever in PA just on principle alone.

This isn't a rant on crossbows.........it's a rant on the wholeprocess which obviously is a big fat joke.[:'(]
Old 01-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

If anyone doubts crossbows in PA was agenda and manufacturer drives all one needs to do is read this article.
State legistaors are already getting involved to change the "No magnification" ban because "They don't like it"

I was also told that these same state lawmakers already had legislature written up and ready to go to change the vote if the Commission voted against inclusion. BAsically they were going to simply step in and pass a law that allowed them in regardless of the voting or wishes of the hunters of the state.

Does that tell you anything about the politics of this issue? Now people who have ABSOLUTELY no clue about the actual issues are getting involved because somebody is whispering in their ears?

I can live with the decision as written by the commissioners to allow crossbows, as it seemed about as fair as they could make it and also keep legislature from getting involved....we as archers will adapt.
Apparently that wasn't good enough for the political powers that be who don't and shouldn't have a say on these matters.

I'm THIS close tosaying I've bought my last archery license ever in PA just on principle alone.

This isn't a rant on crossbows.........it's a rant on the wholeprocess which obviously is a big fat joke.[:'(]

"Taking away something that hunters have been able to use for five years is not good business," Pyle said.

It shouldn't be about "business" or money, and you're right Matt, that's all this is to legislators. At least one of the commissioners cited his reasoning for voting against the scopes was due to hunter input, but no, that doesn't mean anything to lawmakers. What could hunter's possibly know about hunting legislation?[:@]

It's pathetic. They dropped a Democrat and Republican's name in that article. Get writing to them, guys.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

If anyone doubts crossbows in PA was political agenda and manufacturer driven all one needs to do is read this article.

Welcome to your first big dose of political reality. That's how a representative republic works; those with influence (money) and a voice (involvement) get to represent those that have neither.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

New61375, i said that i need to go to VA because it was said that VA has lots of land and plenty of deer and imo, PA has the opposite. I live in MI and was born and raised in SW PA. I hunt in WV also. I should have clarified my statement. For those who have plenty of deer and plenty of land to hunt, you are very fortunate. I am not complaining, I am lucky to have land to hunt on in 3 states, I just wich that it was managed property.