Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6* >

PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

Old 01-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Crossbow vote........4-3

Matt, thanks for the info. [&o]could be the states way of bringing in more revenue with the economy the way it is. Not happy about this turn of events.

Shane
Old 01-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could be wrong Matt, but I believe this has been the rule anyway down here in 5C which is special regs.

Shane
Old 01-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA
Good question? LOL I've never used one enough to really look at it to see if there is 1X magnification. Is 1X the same as 0X ?
Sounds dumb I know but I'm not a big scope gun guy so I really do not know the exact difference between "No magnification" and 1X or if there IS any at all?
I believe that 1X magnification is the same as no magnification, which is what puzzled me about the statements in the first post.

A 1x30 red dot sight would simply provide a red dot with no magnification through a 30mm lens.
I wonder if the guy that answered the question thought he meant a 1-30X Red Dot? That would be a heck of a zoom range.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA
Good question? LOL I've never used one enough to really look at it to see if there is 1X magnification. Is 1X the same as 0X ?
Sounds dumb I knowbut I'm not a big scope gun guy so I really do not know the exact difference between "No magnification" and 1X or if there IS any at all?
I believe that 1X magnification is the same as no magnification, which is what puzzled me about the statements in the first post.

A 1x30 red dot sight would simply provide a red dot with no magnification through a 30mm lens.
I wonder if the guy that answered the question thought he meant a 1-30X Red Dot? That would be a heck of a zoom range.
Beats me.....

If I had to guess the LE Chief was pinned down for a quick answer and misinterpreted what a 1X scope means? I think he may have just misspoke not being familar enough himself with the terms.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry it went that way for you Pa. guys. I have two comments to make about crossbows as it pertains to hunter numbers declining.

(1) IMO its mostly BS to include crossbows into the general archery season using the excuse that hunter numbers are dwindling. Though their are various reasons the biggest factor in my mind is access to land for hunting. At least in Illinois its become a big factor.

(2) More people who have thought about hunting with traditional equipment or a compound would if they had someone to help them and would take the time to learn to shoot. Shooting a crossbow is easy and some people today want easy.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can you PA guys you a Bow during gun season???
Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Yes we can. We could also use a crossbow. Crossbows are also legal during muzzleloader season with the proper tag. It's not like we have been barring the use of them.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

i really wish they would make the bow hunter education course mandatory including a shooting and shot placement test and a longgggg chapter on effective range and shooting ability....charge a price for it and make a little cash from it...i dont care...just sick of farms closing to hunting because farmers are sick of finding and seeing deer with arrows stuck out of their backs and butts...i know bad shots happen...but something is wrong when farmers shut the door on hunters because of it....

so thats my only wish...i'll put up with an increase in numbers so long as everyone out there understands BOW HUNTING and what its all about....

VERY glad they restricted sights...i wish it was no optics AT ALL...would take enough away from the crossbows to kinda take the rifle hunting mantality from them i think....heck, id LOVE to make them not draw the thing till they plan to shoot! that would be GREAT lol.....

nothin we can do now....

I agree with you mauser / couldn't agree more with the bowhuntereducationcourse.
I TOOK IT BACK IN SEPT OF 2004
I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE DONE MORE THOUGH
Old 01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would be all for a bowhunter safety course. In fact, if they made sure that you could shoot in order to pass, like in some states, I would feel a ton better about this whole Xbow thing.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Yes we can. We could also use a crossbow. Crossbows are also legal during muzzleloader season with the proper tag. It's not like we have been barring the use of them.
Sounds like PA has a pretty generous Bow season! Do the gun hunters try and keep Bows out of gun season?

Quick Reply: PA Crossbow vote........4-3 *UPDATE Page 6*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.