Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i need some warm gloves for bowhunting >

i need some warm gloves for bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i need some warm gloves for bowhunting

Old 01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i need some warm gloves for bowhunting

That link from the one from cabelas is nice, thats the one i have too. Hey the best thing about it and make sure u look, is the zipper pocket. Its great to throw a couple hand warmers in and ur hands will never get cold while in stand.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:31 PM

i have never had much luck with the mitten type gloves as far as warmth goes, so i reccommend the gloves thinsulate makes, theyre kinda thick, solid colored, and are fuzzy warm with thinsulate all over
Old 01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the info everyone. i think im goin to go with what bowhuntn87 suggested it seems pretty good with the muff and thin gloves
Old 01-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

UA Glove liners and then a Wool glove liner over that work nice. Personally I usually only wear the UA liners or nothing at all.

I dislike gloves![:@]I usually always have a handwarmer in each pocket to warm my hands up should the need arise though

Dan
Yep, that's pretty much what I do, but I use a muff....those UA gloves are awesome....
Old 01-27-2009, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Medalist gloves do a good job for me. They aren't real bulky, but I have been surprised how warm they will keep my hands down into the 20's. I haven't had a problem putting the release around the cuff of the glove like I have with other gloves.

I usually wear a bulky warm glove on my bow hand and to keep my release hand warm, I stick it in a coat pocket with a hand warmer until needed.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best thing to do for hands is layer up and possiblys use a hand muff. Put small shooting gloves below some bigger gloves, then put your hands inside the muff. When a deer comes, just slip off the bigger glove from your shooting hand and it is go time!Also, just like feet, do not overheat your hands on the way to your stand so your hands begin to sweat. Wear the smaller gloves in and when your hands start to cool, put the bigger gloves on so your hands don't get sweaty then freeze.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:41 AM

Stalking for goats when I've got to have waterproof gloves that allow me to use an ice axe or hiking pole I wear a polypropylene liner inside of these:
http://www.backcountry.com/store/BLD1071/Black-Diamond-Guide-Glove-Mens.html (the black ones)
I slip the glacier gloves off and shoot with just the poly liners when I get in close. The problem with most winter gloves is that they have grippie palms which is exactly what you don't want for accurate shooting. You want a slick glove that allows the bow to settle into a consistent grip point. The bulk of a heavy glove will also throw off your shooting.

For stand hunting I'd have the same liners but I'd keep my hands in a muff or keep them in my pockets.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Stalking for goats when I've got to have waterproof gloves that allow me to use an ice axe or hiking pole I wear a polypropylene liner inside of these:
http://www.backcountry.com/store/BLD1071/Black-Diamond-Guide-Glove-Mens.html (the black ones)
I slip the glacier gloves off and shoot with just the poly liners when I get in close. The problem with most winter gloves is that they have grippie palms which is exactly what you don't want for accurate shooting. You want a slick glove that allows the bow to settle into a consistent grip point. The bulk of a heavy glove will also throw off your shooting.

For stand hunting I'd have the same liners but I'd keep my hands in a muff or keep them in my pockets.
those look nice man. unfortunately i dont have the cash for those at the moment