Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote?

Old 01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Coyote?

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

Definitly a yote. No shot opps?
Deer hunting only on the state land I'm hunting. I wouldn't have shot him anyway since he's the first I've seen in 7 years of hunting this land. I'm more happy just getting the video of him that I did!
Give yourself 7 more years and you will be wanting to shoot every one you see. Trust me!
I wouldn't even give it that long! If there's one there is a lot more that you have no idea that they are there! Granted if you have a good Fox population the Coyote count could be low but they will multiply! Wolves eat Coyotes, Coyotes eat Fox, and Fox eat what ever they can!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm all for killin Coyotes (haven't had the opportunity with a bow), but is it true that by strict regulation of their reproduction they almost always return close to carrying capacity (where they are well established)?

I read somewhere that they are nearly impossible to get rid of because the alpha male keeps the pack at a certain level, if some start to die they do some heavy reproducing. The people studying them said their ability regulate their pack size was fascinating, and that a kill here and there would do absolutely nothing to their long term population.

FWIW, we killed our first Coyote and hog on our property this year and we ain't thrilled about it.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

What kind of area are you hunting that you can't shoot a coyote? Especially on state land?
State Park land. Deer hunting only.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

100% Coyote there. It looks like a big guy to I thought PA had lots of yotes??
Old 01-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

There are lots of yotes in Pa, justveryrarein my immediate area of Montgomery/Delaware Co.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

haha 7 yearseh well i never see em hardly but just about every night between may- october they sound off [:@]
Old 01-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ah, I see Well it was nice seeing your first though. I remember when turkeys were rare in my area,, now they have exploded in population. The yote will do the same there.
ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

There are lots of yotes in Pa, justveryrarein my immediate area of Montgomery/Delaware Co.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks to be with out a doubt a yote.

Shane
Old 01-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

If there is one there is bound to be many more. Spent friday night and saturday afternoon calling yotes 3 weeks ago didn't call any in then on sunday some guys ran their dogs through and ran out 3. Very sneaky critters. I have never seen any in those woods but they are everywhere you just don't normally see them.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yote No doubt!

Should'a drilled him Jeff!

Dan

Quick Reply: Coyote?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.