Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Often Do You Practice ? >

How Often Do You Practice ?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Often Do You Practice ?

Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 AM

Default RE: How Often Do You Practice ?

I have the fortune of having a lighted barn that allows me to shoot out to 35 yrds, so i do my long distance stuff outside when I can but I go everynight out my back door, click on the lights and enjoy the evening with a little radio and shooting.The best part is i can shoot no matter what the weather, I dont mind a bit if its cold as long as I can keep the wind off.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I pull my bow out of my case and dust it off around mid-end of July.
I will practice 2-3 times per week, maybe 15-30 arrows per shoot, until a few weeks before the opener on 9/15.
I will then try to practice 3-5 times per week and just shoot groups of 5 arrows (2 or 3 times).
However, I will practice at dusk more often than not, trying to train my eyes for low light conditions.
During the season I will tune-up 2-3 times per week with one or two arrows only before heading out for a sit.
I always do this from my elevated spot, above my target to simulate my "normal" hunt conditions along with wearing the clothes I will hunt with.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 AM

Jan-Apr about once a week.. May to Aug about 2-3 times a week...Sept-Dec 3-4 times a week if not more...but I don't shoot a lot of arrows for long periods..from spring to late summer I will shoot about 20-30 arrows each time I shoot.. then i shoot about 10 arrows from late summer to fall each time I shoot...then during the season I shoot before I go in the woods about 3 arrows and then on sundays about 6-8 arrows..