Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fusion Vanes by Duravanes >

Fusion Vanes by Duravanes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fusion Vanes by Duravanes

Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Fusion Vanes by Duravanes

I got a shipment of the brand new Fusion Vanes from Duravanes into Poorguy's Archery.

At first glance I am very impressed with these new vanes. I've been using Blazers for years and this year for the first in many years I added feathers back into my arsenal. As I didn't see any real gain over the Blazers, I'll probably eliminate feathers next year. We'll see though as I have a pile of them laying around. Well when I started hearing about the Fusion vanes I was inquisitive so I got a shipment in. I understand the principle of the design as they resemble the Space Shuttle. I understand as well that the Shuttle T broadheads fly fantastic so I assume and anticipate these new Fusion vanes will as well. I look forward to setting up more arrows and see how they fly along with Blazers etc.. I only fletched up one arrow and am waiting on the glue to dry to shoot it. For now it will only be across the basement as it's very cold out. All except for today though, it was nearly 40 so I was able to get the new Admiral sighted in as well as resighting in my 82nd from my heavy hunting arrows to the 3D arrows.

One thing I thought was really cool was the base. It's clear, transparent and it gives it a really unique look when glued to the arrow. The base "trough" is more than sufficient and arcs for the arrow making a very substantial area for glue. I had a tendency to use too much glue as I wasn't used to this really nice "trough".

One thing I did do was put them on the digital scale. The Fusion vanes come in 2 grains heavier than a Blazer. The Fusion weighs in at 8 grains while the Blazers of course are 6 grains.

I look forward to playing with these new Fusion vanes. I have a feeling I'm going to be really happy with them. I do like the design and look they give an arrow.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fusion Vanes by Duravanes

Do you think you have enough of them?Rob, where did you get the gram/grain scale, and how much was that? I'd like to pick one up.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: early in

Do you think you have enough of them?Rob, where did you get the gram/grain scale, and how much was that? I'd like to pick one up.
I forget if I ordered it from Cabelas or from Lancaster Archery but it was one of those two.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh and I just checked, word of caution. The Fusion appears to be about 1/16" higher in profile so for anyone who has Blazer clearance issues, these may be an issue as well. I can see where that along with the new design will definitely help in stabilization.

Edit: Check that about the profile. It only appears that way because of the cupped bases on a flat surface but when pressed flat they appear exactly the same profile as the Blazers.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have already set them up and shot them at the shop that i shoot for. I didnt see them testing them out, but they said they will be a perfect hunting vane, and that they flew well.

Derek
Old 01-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Host of Hosts

I'm getting ready to go and make some up today at the shop. I've been anxious to shoot these since returning from the ATA show.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are running a cool program with them too for shops. You mail Norway 1500 vanes, as long as its not their own, and they will ship you 1500 Fusion vanes. They can even be swept off the shop floor and they count

I'll have them on my hunting arrows for sure. Pretty good vane.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:38 AM

I was fortunate enough to be one of the few shooting the Fusionsthis fall as a product tester. I find them to fly excellent with fixed blade broadheads, in fact IMO, equal to the control of a 5" feather which I shot for most of my hunting years until late last fall. They adhere wonderfully and as mentioned, the cupped base makes fletching them easier.

I have all my arrows fletched with Fusions now.

I have not shot Blazers before so can't really compare to them.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Robin, I can't imagine the Fusion to be less adequate than Blazers, in fact I have a feeling they may slightly improve but when one stacks arrows, how can one tell if it's improved.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rob....how stiff are they in comparison to a Blazer? Similar?

Quick Reply: Fusion Vanes by Duravanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.