Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what do you need that for?? >

what do you need that for??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do you need that for??

Old 04-15-2003, 04:45 AM

Default what do you need that for??

what do you need that for /what did you buy now????every time you go to your local pro shop and come home with something , some new gadget ,new arrows or what ever when you get home, as soon as you walk in the door, do you have to hear those words , and what do you say as an answer? i find the best answer is because !
Old 04-15-2003, 05:24 AM
Spike

Default RE: what do you need that for??

I think I found the way around that question. I bought my wife a bow! Now its all for " us" instead of " me" . Sometimes I can buy something new and try it out on her setup to see if I even like it before I change mine...
If you can' t beat ' em, join em...
Old 04-15-2003, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tell her that I am really investing for my son, the future hunter.

But, a word of hope, once you get to the point that you have " so much" stuff then she really cannot tell the different between one piece of equipment and another.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:31 AM

The secret is too have a woman that doesn' t have a clue about bowhunting

Then you can have a conversation like this:

No Babe thats the same bow - I just redid the paint job on it.

I know its a lot of arrows, but arrows are cheap, there just sticks.

No babe - the box that just came in is still part of the last order, it was just backordered, and they got it to me late.

Come on, its still the same bow - see the wheelie things and stringy - its the same.

No, all that new stuff came with the bow, I didn' t buy it........What are talking about you thought I just painted it..........I thought I told you about this........Yes dear........Sorry dear.......I know, I know.......I promise no more stuff

I Always get caught.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

HeHeHe.
A new sight and some new arrows, what' s that? your car needs an oil change and the babies out of diapers and formula- OK maybe next check...
Oh well, I guess I' ll just have to make due with my other two bows for now!!
Old 04-15-2003, 08:33 AM

" Listen babe these are just the absolute essentials, atleast I' m not buying the REAL expensive stuff like most guys do"
Old 04-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess I' m the lucky one she never says anything about what I buy,But its me that says what do you need that for, whats this do. wherer does that go ,when she comes home with all kinds of stuff for the computer. The only thing I know about this thing is how to get on this sight,and sometimes have trouble doing that.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least I' m not spending all our money on drugs , booze , or hookers[]
Seriously , my wife used to ask me that everytime I got something new. Then I started asking her if she really needed that everytime she came home from the store with something new. She doesn' t say a word any more.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually my wife' s been great about it. She has her own bow, and likes to shoot when she can. Also hunts with me few times a year. I buy new stuff every year. She rarely complains about it. She knows it makes me happy, and I do alot of hunting with my boys also. Plus I rarely buy something I don' t use or need for hunting. I' m not one that has to have all the latest, and greatest gadgets. I think the key is to make them happy also by doing things they ask to be done around the house. When a womens not happy, they' ll make sure your unhappy! She knows hunting makes me happy, and I' m miserable if can' t get out. A friend of mine once said I' m never totally happy unless I' m in a treestand with a bow!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

[>:]My wife never complains because she knows she comes first and the bills and chores get first priority and I only buy hunting equipment when we can afford it. And, as long as she doesn' t find out any different, I have a great life.
Also, I have a jar that I put all my pocket change in. About ever 6 months it amounts up to around $200. That money goes to hunting equipment and my wife thinks that' s about all I spend on hunting. [>:] And thank God for the Bass pro 6 pay plan. I wear that thing out and she never knows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.