Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

College Hunters

Old 01-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: College Hunters

I'm a 4th year at the University of Virginia. We have about 270 acres back home in Bath County, Virginia so I drive back there as often as I can to hunt, its only about 1h40m drive so its definitely worth it. As far as this season, well, it wasn't that most successful I've ever had I'll just say that
Old 01-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Spike

Junior at Bemidji State University in Northern MN. Actually planned my class schedule to be done by noon everyday. Hunted 5-6 days a week throughout the entire season...so I can't complain. Deer numbers were down big time here, but still managed 3 does and a 2.5 year old 8pt. Good luck to all of you this semester!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

I go to Monmouth College. Will graduate next May.

I got 2 does with my bow, and 1 125" dude with my gun. Thought he was bigger [:@]

Best of luck searching for sheds!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately I have been unable to hunt consistentlyfor the last 4 years due to being stationed at Ft. Lewis in Washington. And now that I am back in Iowa getting back into the swing of things and attempting to finish college (University of Northern Iowa), I am finding equally as hard to balance time with school to time hunting and scouting... On the flipside, the land we own has been hunted very lightly and is managed very well, so the possibilities in the next 10 years are endless (i posted a pic of an 8 pointer in another thread whose brow tines are almost as tall as his G3's)...
Old 01-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

I go to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee...I get in the woods all the time but it's usually back home around Oconomowoc. Luckily it's only about 45 minutes away so it allows me to get out a lot. Hunting's been great! Duck and goose season went really well. Got one doe and one small 8 point during gun season.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I go to the University of Southern Indiana. I am from Henderson, KY which is about 35 miles away so i live at home (for now) and commute (i hate it). I originally wanted to go to WKU (western ky university) but the price difference was huge!

The hunting sucked, the killing was good lol! For the amount of time i spent in a stand, i was very successful, but i would have liked to hunt more, but with work, studying, and teh g/f its pretty hard...

2fer, on the same hunt...

early september bow kill. I actually got out of school, and went hunting with my school clothes on and a leafy suit lol! It was HOTTTT. I was wearing khaki shorts adn a polo and tennis shoes in the stand lol! (what im wearing in the pic was just for the messy part)
Old 01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

St. Cloud State University in Minnesota. 2nd year.

Hour from my house.

I suck at hunting.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a senior at an college here in iowa... i leave near home, so it's not too hard to find time to hunt. i usually hunt on the weekends, or try to schedule all morning classes so i can get out in the afternoons!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

i am a feshman this year. i can basically hunt everyday except thrusday. all of my classes are around noon.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Soph. chemistry major at Murray State. I dont hunt this part of the state, but do have a boat docked on KY Lake; where I seem to do everything but fish. LOL

Quick Reply: College Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.