Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you guys shoot so much. >

How do you guys shoot so much.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you guys shoot so much.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you guys shoot so much.

I usually lay my bow down for 4-6 weeks following the season because my life gets very hectic from December-March because of my wife's schedule. I then pick it up and shoot 2, maybe 3 times a week until the summer. I will run outside, shoot 15-20 arrows and call it a day on some days when I am tired, whereas others I will shoot 50-60 shots.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Grand Dad always said people do what they want to do. Maybe not always true, but most of the time if you want to do something you will find the time

It is rare if a week passes and I don't shoot a Bow. I don't like long practice sessions but I enjoy shooting a few arrows a few times a week.

It really doesn't take much time!

Dan
Old 01-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tim,
It's about MAKING time to do what you enjoy. I enjoy shooting, it helps me relax, and allows me to keep the back muscles in use a little a few times a week. Granted, this time of year it's difficult, when everything is FROZEN, but the BH target takes a half dozen shots at least a couple times a week, because it won't freeze like my BAG target did. If I'd have built my roof over it like I was supposed to, it wouldn't be a problem, but too many honey-do's and not enough time, especially when there's hunting to be done.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont have a house and two cabins that how...[8D]
Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

It can be tough when it gets dark early but if I want to shoot bad enough, I just go out to the barn and fling away. Like others have said, if you want it bad enough, you'll find the time.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its therapy for me. for my therapy I make time.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like already stated. If you want to do something you have to make time for it. In order to shoot a lot, you can’t label shooting as something you do when you’ve finished everything else and have nothing to do.

I’d find myself EXTREMELY bored shooting my compound as much as many of these guys do. I’ve got much more fun things I’d rather do.
Now my trad bows, I find those much more enjoyable to shoot. And that helps since I NEED to shoot them extensively in order to main any decent level of proficiency.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot for a shop, so i am always up there shooting in between school adn working and the g/f It is a huge part of my life and i do it b/c i enjoy it. I dont practice and shoot alot b/c i think i should, i just enjoy it. I can literally shoot hundreds of arrows in a day b/c i want to, and physically can! TFOX can vouch for me on that one. I am stillyoung, and its what i enjoy, so i do it...

Ive honestly shot outside in the rain before at night adn anyother time i feel like it. I will stand in my shop and put my target outside when its super cold even and just shoot.

Derek
Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

I shoot for a shop, so i am always up there shooting in between school adn working and the g/f It is a huge part of my life and i do it b/c i enjoy it. I dont practice and shoot alot b/c i think i should, i just enjoy it. I can literally shoot hundreds of arrows in a day b/c i want to, and physically can! TFOX can vouch for me on that one. I am stillyoung, and its what i enjoy, so i do it...

Ive honestly shot outside in the rain before at night adn anyother time i feel like it. I will stand in my shop and put my target outside when its super cold even and just shoot.

Derek
Derek,
I know where you are coming from, but remember take care of your joints, and yes you can over do it.

After shooting over 40 years I can tell you it can happen.

You are young now, but one of 2 things will happen. You will get older or you will die. Hopefully not the later!All those years of shooting 90# and 80# bows wore on my elbows and shoulders. The injury I sustained to my right shoulder falling out of a tree stand approx 10 years ago did Not help either.

Just take care of yourself, maybe even get a lightweight bow to shoot for the most part of offseason. Indoors it doesn't matter

I hope you are able to enjoy Archery for 40 to 50 years at least. Don't be like a falling Star[8D]

Dan
Old 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love to shoot. Although I haven't in a little while because I do have a very hectic schedule and we have a good amount of snow on the ground. I will still begin shooting again here this weekend even though it's going to get cold again. My biggest issue is balancing time for ALL of my hobbies. I'm not one to pick up a hobby and just tinker, I always need to go all out, so I find myself trying to invest as much time as I can for each of them, and there's only so much time in the day. I'm unmarried with no kids, so it's only going to get worse.

Quick Reply: How do you guys shoot so much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.