Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bambi

Old 01-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bambi

I was raised by my grandparents. and yes i did proly watch bambi but he had been hunting for years and was a tournament bass fisherman so until i started school the only places i knew was on the water in a boat or in a tree stand or sitting on the ground waiting for a gobbler.

Then i get to school and noone understood how i could kill bambi.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I was different....after I saw Bambi, Fox and the Hound, and some other disney flicks....I remember BEGGING my dad to take me hunting. I must have been some corrupt kid or something.

Little off subject but I find it kind of ironic that the fox in that movie was named Todd and the meaning of the name Todd is fox,which just happens to be my name.[8D]

I had my kids watching discovery shows with wild animals eating other wild animals at a very early age,as a matter of fact,I NEVER hid that from them.It is nature and the way God intended so they never really gave me any grief about hunting,even after watching the anti hunting cartoons.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hah,

my wife is afraid I will turn our daughters into hunters (which I will of course try). So she has already
made plans to screen Bambi I and II repeatedly at my house.

It's also cool when kids are in that stage where nothing phases them (though obviously not all kids).
She's 2 and a half and I showed her my dad's buck head which he had just skinned for European mount,
and she just wanted to touch it. [8D]
Old 01-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

It sounds like some huge social experiment...we have a control group of bambi watchers with no outside influence of anti-hunting or pro hunting...a test group of pro-hunting bambi watchers...throw in the antagonist PETA supporting anti-hunting vegetable eating bambi watchers (*Note Vegi's are delicious but so is meat)...lets see what happens will the kids grow up despising hunting and loving bambi or loving bambi and loving how bambi tastes...should be interesting
Old 01-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since Bambi is a cartoon character and the masses think killing a deer is killing Bambi then I propose that the masses may be "mostly" psychologically impaired. They need to get out more and embrace the natural world and save themselves from living a silly and ridiculous existence. LOL........
Old 01-28-2009, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never did watch bambi or any of those dumb cartoons, except jungle book, love that darn movie!

But since then, I think ive killed the whole fam damily, mamma, pappa, and the occational bambi!