Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hostage pro vs. wisker biscuit >

hostage pro vs. wisker biscuit

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hostage pro vs. wisker biscuit

Old 01-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hostage pro vs. wisker biscuit

the biscuit part itself is what I am referring too, not the housing ..(replacing)
Old 01-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BringNHeat

I have the hostage pro now and it has to much play around the arrow. I am shooting Gold tips and it just does cradel the arrow but on the top two they dont even touch allowing the arrow to move around. It will not fall out but I just dont trust it. I went into Bass pro to get a WB and let there Bow mech talk me into it. I will be swaping it for a WB before the 09 season.
If you have the Hostage Pro you can adjust that

Dan
Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: shed33

the biscuit part itself is what I am referring too, not the housing ..(replacing)
Shed

The wisker part of the biscuit will take a lot of wear.. One thing about a WB is that it forced me to properly tune my bow which has improved my groupings.. For the first 2 years of not, and then learning to tune, my wiskers would bend and break from the fletching hitting the wiskes at the wrong angle.. I have since replaced the whisker portion and now that my bow is tuned and stays tuned, wiskers don't bend or break and I expect this rest to not wear over a long,longtime.. Will no doubt replace my bow first.

FYI, I have blasers..

In a nutshell, the wear isn't a problem, and if it is, the prolem is not the rest but an un tuned bow.

Cheers.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM

One of my Biscuits is 3 years old with no signs of needing replacing anytime soon but my hunting rigs don't get any more than 1000 or so shots a year through any one of them.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the wear on any rest of this type is related to how well your Bow is in tune, as well as how much you shoot.

Let's face itnothing is wear proof with enough shots, and will wear even faster if your arrows are trying to go sideways through the rest[8D]

Dan
Old 01-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Can't get full helicals through the Hostageso I go with the Whisker Biscuit.
wat happens when u try to shoothelicals out of a wisker biskut
Old 01-23-2009, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: deerdart
wat happens when u try to shoothelicals out of a wisker biskut
No problems.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

My WB has probably... 3-5000 shots on it and it is still fine. I shot blazers and vanes of different sizes thru it, and never had a problem.

Derek
Old 01-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used a WB for a few years---I liked it a lot other than the noise that came from my aluminum arrows as the temps decreased. It sounded like nails on a chalkboard. I shot great groups through the WB. I have been usinga drop-away rest for 4 years now and to be honest I am nota huge fan. I like simple things and may entertain the thought of going back to a WB if my Bemans will slide through it silently.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted other. To clarify, I use a WB, but if I every have the extra cash, I will probably change to a Hostage (which my son uses).

Quick Reply: hostage pro vs. wisker biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.