Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody as bad as me? >

Anybody as bad as me?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody as bad as me?

Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Banned

Default RE: Anybody as bad as me?

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I have the passion but lack the funding for my bowhunting wishes. Too many projects I need to spend money on at home, always it seems. Trying to balance what I need to do for the family and my own self, well the pendelum always swings in the family's favor. I am comfortable bowhunting for whitetail here at home, but vow to return to Colorado or elsewhere for another elk hunt before I get too old, maybe a bear hunt as well.

As for buying some new stuff....I have a short list of needs/wants and have the money put back, but I am waiting on this damn economy. Even with the steady job I have I am not taking any chances at this time. Beyond that, I think about bowhunting a lot, more than my wife cares for.
A lot of guys fit in that exact situation Coug!

Dan
Yes sir e and that is to be commended
Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't put my list up of things I've bought in the last year Steve!

I'm afraid the Wife might read it!

Naw!! Not really scared!

Dan
LMAO! Mine knows almost all of the stuff I bought last year, but doesn't know what I hope to buy this year[8D]. She will know or at least hear of a couple of things as my birthday nears, just don't know if she will listen.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

My passion for bow hunting Is huge but you wouldn't know It or think so by the little money I do spend on It. Trail cams are about the only thing that I've gone a little crazy on the last 2 years- 1300.00 dollars worth In trail cams and accessories for my trail cams. Other then them, arrows and targets here and there.

Best of luck with all the new stuff Don!! That's a heck of a list!!
All on sale and cheap Steve. I traded an )6 Tribute staright across for the 82nd. I can't afford trail cams and own none.[&o] I am going to have to get in the milk hauling business so I can
I normally don't spend that kind of money but I thought what the hell!! I won't be spending nothing like that on myself for a while. Although I might be spending 400 to 500 on the g/f this year on a compound of some kind.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

My passion for bow hunting Is huge but you wouldn't know It or think so by the little money I do spend on It. Trail cams are about the only thing that I've gone a little crazy on the last 2 years- 1300.00 dollars worth In trail cams and accessories for my trail cams. Other then them, arrows and targets here and there.

Best of luck with all the new stuff Don!! That's a heck of a list!!
I wouldn't put my list up of things I've bought in the last year Steve!

I'm afraid the Wife might read it![8D]

Naw!! Not really scared!

Dan
LMAO!! That was good Dan!!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Banned

Steve, love the doe in the snow with the trad avatar!! Get on AT and get her a used bow. You don't have to spend that much on her.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually am pretty thrifty when it comes to gear for hunting.The kids walk around with their hands out like little baby birds in a nest with their mouths open.Don't get me wrong,I usually get good stuff but I pace myself and being a shop shooter sure does help with prices but still.

I will usually just put most my hunting stuff on my Christmas list and do it that way. Here is a pic of my christmas this year.

I got the bow,sight,quiver and the rest.It is getting new strings and cables put on right now but that won't cost much,if anything. oh,and my stabilizer just came in last week so I need to pick it up.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I usually am pretty thrifty when it comes to gear for hunting.The kids walk around with their hands out like little baby birds in a nest with their mouths open.Don't get me wrong,I usually get good stuff but I pace myself and being a shop shooter sure does help with prices but still.

I will usually just put most my hunting stuff on my Christmas list and do it that way. Here is a pic of my christmas this year.

I got the bow,sight,quiver and the rest.It is getting new strings and cables put on right now but that won't cost much,if anything. oh,and my stabilizer just came in last week so I need to pick it up.

Now thats a great looking bow! As I said on another thread the other day.......'09 has a lot of great looking bows on the market. Got some $$ put back for a new bow and I have a Hoyt/Mathews/PSE dealer, Bowtech dealer, 2 Elite dealers within 30 miles and one Rytera dealer about 50-60 miles away. I'm just waiting and being cautious for now.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:15 PM

Bowhunting is a passion of mine that few people understand (but many on here do).

My new year's resolution this year was to be more frugal with my money, and I am working on it. If I think I need to buy something I have to think about it long and hard first. So far I am doing pretty good.

At the moment all my money is being saved up for my spring break trip. Backpacking and flyfishing in Northern New Mexico with my best friend. I am pumped up for this trip, it should be a blast.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have the gear stuff that bad but I have the hunting real bad.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can't say that I have it that bad, but I have a bow in the mail to me right now as we speak. The first bow I have bought for myself in 20 plus years. The old bow still works for me but man have they improved from those years.. I also got a new gps as well as a ladder stand. The bow will be needing a nice set of sights and a good arrow rest as well as new arrows of coarse.. For as far as the ladder stand I have always stalked and shot my deer so it will be all together new to me.I also went ahead and got a new trail cam last summer thatI will be focusing on an almost all white buck. Provided he makes it threw this winter again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.