HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bought GF her first ever bow! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/283419-bought-gf-her-first-ever-bow.html)

sr77 01-19-2009 07:50 PM

Bought GF her first ever bow!

I have been dating my GF for a little bit now and she started to express the interest in bowhunting/shooting. Now this is a girl who was never exposed to hunting or much of an outdoor life style at all. Since we have started dating she has expressed more interest about it all the time, she even helped me track and find a doe I shot a few months ago. She is now the one that throws on the outdoor channel on tv. So today out of the blue, I said "hey you want to go try shooting a bow"? She immediately jumped at the chance and off we went. After shooting the Diamond "razor edge", the Fred Bear "young gun" and a mission bow......She decided on the Diamond edge. Her birthday is this week, so I said " up to you, if not I already have something else picked out for ya" She smiled and said, "no, I want to learn to shoot and then try hunting out this fall" I said alright. So we ordered her bow as they didn't have the higher poundage model in stock, so we should have it soon. Needless to say, she is pumped and so am I. Will be alot of fun teaching her the ropes. Don't have a pic to post, but as soon as she gets it, I will post one of her and her new bow. Just thought I would share guys. BTW, she asked what I was going to do for her if she hadn't chosen the bow, I told her a Coach purse, which she has been dying for. She said " I am glad we got the bow instead,I will have alot more fun with it." That alone put a big smile on my face:D

Shane

MeanV2 01-19-2009 07:52 PM

RE: Bought GF her first ever bow!

Great!! She'll Love the Bow!

Enjoy your time shooting and hunting together;)

Dan

Schultzy 01-19-2009 07:54 PM

Awesome!!! That Is cool as all get out!! I'm still undecided on what to get my g/f for a compound bow. Enjoy the time together and congratulation's to both of you!!

MeanV2 01-19-2009 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Awesome!!! That Is cool as all get out!! I'm still undecided on what to get my g/f for a compound bow. Enjoy the time together and congratulation's to both of you!!
Aw Come on Steve!! You're just bein' tight!! Cough up the $$ she's worth it.[8D]

Best thing I ever bought Kat! She doesn't Love hunting and shooting as much as I do, but at least now she understands my addiction much better;)

Dan

Sliverflicker 01-19-2009 08:04 PM

Awesome

hardcorehunter 01-19-2009 08:17 PM

Edges are sweet..my kid has one. Cool!!!

Schultzy 01-19-2009 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Aw Come on Steve!! You're just bein' tight!! Cough up the $$ she's worth it.[8D]

Best thing I ever bought Kat! She doesn't Love hunting and shooting as much as I do, but at least now she understands my addiction much better;)

Dan
Lol!! Maybe!!:D

Huntinman23 01-19-2009 09:43 PM

That is awesome hunting needs all the people it can get! Way to get someone started in the sport, and I agree the bow is way better than a purse.

bowtech 300 01-20-2009 02:11 AM

3 years ago my wife wanted to try shooting. We found a Browning Adreniline that fit. She started shooting and had a ball. My sons and I shoot indoor and outdoor leagues and Hunt. The wife went and participated in every shoot still does. Now she is shooting a Matthews Ignition and taking 1st and 2nds consistantly, She shows no interest in hunting though.
The best thing that happened through all this was when I want anything Archery related she says lets go buy it. There are no arguments and she usually finds something for herself at the pro shop. Friends of mine are always fighting with thier wives about new equipment, I just say too bad get her shooting and life will be GREAT.

wis_bow_huntr 01-20-2009 02:59 AM

Man law violation???