Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone shoot PSE?? >

Does anyone shoot PSE??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone shoot PSE??

Old 01-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does anyone shoot PSE??

Its just one of those things where if I do buy this Bow Madness, ill feel I dont have as much "bow" as i would with a Mathews, Hoyt, BT..etc. Just the feeling id get i guess. Probably isnt true though.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:21 PM

Im sure it is a great bow, PSE gets the "cheap bow" rep, which is what you were referring to i think, but here lately their bows seem to have a very solid reputation.....It also seems like worldwide, PSE is by far the choice over other brands for some reason outside of the US....could be a deception, but it seems like alot of international hunters use it for whatever reasons.

I wouldn't worry about getting a less of a bow because of the label on it. PSE is a top contender in the bow market. I would shoot whatever you liked best, then see what label it had on it.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

PSE has been around a very long time and I don't see them going away anytime soon. They are contenders in the top flight of bows.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aint it crazy how mentally challenging the sport of archery is??

Its one of those things right now that Id pull the trigger on buying the PSE, its just the Mathews grip and draw seemed so nice. Maybe I can get used to the grip on the PSE?
Old 01-19-2009, 01:33 PM

if you were blindfolded and shot the two back to back....which one would you prefer for the shot and feel? The Mathews or the PSE? That is the one you should go with.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I "felt" as if the PSE had a more consistent shot to it. Seemed like the arrow flew more like a bullet than the other 2 bows. Maybe i was so used to testing Mathews that I was used to their grips. I might have to get used to the PSE grip. Not to mention, i need a little work on my form anyway. The PSE was $160 cheaper too! 2 weeks until I get it, ill shoot them both again, but right now I feel as if the PSE is the more accurate bow FOR ME. Maybe its the 2" extra ATA? Maybe I need the extra ATA length for me to be accurate? I just dont know.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

A longer ATA bow is generaly more forgiving of form errors. So it doesn't supprize me the longer one seems better to you.

As for which bow is better. You mention you like the feel of the grip better on the mathews but the PSE shot more consistant. If your talking arrow flight etc it may be that the PSE is already setup and the Mathews is a little off. It may not realy be that its less acurate for you.

That being said go with the one you like overall better. I just hung up a PSE after 14 years of hunting with it (and it was a cheap bow) So I know they put out a good product. I just replaced it with a Bear Instinct. Price was a major factor in me buying both of these bows. The PSE was a clearance after season at Walmart bow...So cheap...It had everything and at the time fit my budget well. I added/changed a few things of the years but it was acurate to begine with and still is. But it was time. So I picked up the Bear. Again cheap for todays standards it seems @ 299.00 for the package. Added a stabilizer and some gear I already had (arrows, wrist strap, etc) and I like it as much as the PSE.

My point is make sure you like it but don't get hung up on the brand / price thing. There are many good bows from many of the manufacturers out there.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. Never knew buying a bow required so much homework haha.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had been shooting PSE the last 10 years (since I was 9), and just switched to Bowtech a week ago. Nothing wrongwith PSE, great product, great company. I just happened to find something that fits me a little better.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:10 PM

I shoot a PSE Firestorm X 2007
i love this bow. has low vibrations and is a very quiet bow (mostly from the short limbs) and has a great release (no hand shock, nice to handle) and i also am a big fan of the BEST grip. it is the best grip ive shot out of a bow. also it is a fast accurate bow that gets the job done!

Quick Reply: Does anyone shoot PSE??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.