HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   does in heat?!?!? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/283249-does-heat.html)

mossbergman11/OH 01-18-2009 03:23 PM

does in heat?!?!?

i was bowhunting tonight and i saw 6 does and one little spike buck. he kept trying to breed like 3 does. he wasnt successful but they were making lots of noises and such. the does were all acting very funnny just walking/ running in circles kind of and there tails up were up and they were like crooked at the top. they were not alerted at all. could they be in heat? if not whats up with these deer?

early in 01-18-2009 03:38 PM

RE: does in heat?!?!?

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

i was bowhunting tonight and i saw 6 does and one little spike buck. he kept trying to breed like 3 does. he wasnt successful but they were making lots of noises and such. the does were all acting very funnny just walking/ running in circles kind of and there tails up were up and they were like crooked at the top. they were not alerted at all. could they be in heat? if not whats up with these deer?
The chance of a doe being in heat in your neck of the woods this late in the season, I would sayis slim to none.

RockinChair 01-18-2009 04:15 PM

the does were all acting very funnny just walking/ running in circles kind of and there tails up were up and they were like crooked at the top.
All characteristics of a doe in heat.

BowtechHunting 01-18-2009 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

The chance of a doe being in heat in your neck of the woods this late in the season, I would sayis slim to none.
Take back your words buddy. I seen a buck fight this morning and they wern't goofin' around. At a 120 yards they were brawlin'! I seen a spike chasin' a doe with her tail stickin' straight out. And I had a doe come to on grunt yesterday and she was ready. The does are in heat in my neck of the woods. I agree with mossbergman11....

Just because their behavior isn't the same where your hunting at doesn't mean it's not happenin' else where. This has been a wierd season...I'll believe anything.....

Schultzy 01-18-2009 06:47 PM

Easily could be In heat. I'd bet they were doe fawns finally coming Into heat or adult doe's that didn't get bred the 1st 2 times they were In estrus.

gri22ly 01-18-2009 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: BowtechHunting

ORIGINAL: early in

Take back your words buddy. I seen a buck fight this morning and they wern't goofin' around. At a 120 yards they were brawlin'! I seen a spike chasin' a doe with her tail stickin' straight out. And I had a doe come to on grunt yesterday and she was ready. The does are in heat in my neck of the woods. I agree with mossbergman11....

Just because their behavior isn't the same where your hunting at doesn't mean it's not happenin' else where. This has been a wierd season...I'll believe anything.....

mossbergman11/OH 01-18-2009 08:06 PM

what is the possibility of all six of them in heat?

gri22ly 01-18-2009 08:32 PM

Not very good.

mossbergman11/OH 01-18-2009 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Not very good.
they all were acting the same and there tails were the same and the spike was trying to get on all of them;)

Schultzy 01-18-2009 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Not very good.
they all were acting the same and there tails were the same and the spike was trying to get on all of them;)
Spikes/young bucks will do that even If the doe's aren't In heat.