Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 does in heat?!?!? >

does in heat?!?!?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

does in heat?!?!?

Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default does in heat?!?!?

i was bowhunting tonight and i saw 6 does and one little spike buck. he kept trying to breed like 3 does. he wasnt successful but they were making lots of noises and such. the does were all acting very funnny just walking/ running in circles kind of and there tails up were up and they were like crooked at the top. they were not alerted at all. could they be in heat? if not whats up with these deer?
Old 01-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: does in heat?!?!?

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

i was bowhunting tonight and i saw 6 does and one little spike buck. he kept trying to breed like 3 does. he wasnt successful but they were making lots of noises and such. the does were all acting very funnny just walking/ running in circles kind of and there tails up were up and they were like crooked at the top. they were not alerted at all. could they be in heat? if not whats up with these deer?
The chance of a doe being in heat in your neck of the woods this late in the season, I would sayis slim to none.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

the does were all acting very funnny just walking/ running in circles kind of and there tails up were up and they were like crooked at the top.
All characteristics of a doe in heat.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

The chance of a doe being in heat in your neck of the woods this late in the season, I would sayis slim to none.
Take back your words buddy. I seen a buck fight this morning and they wern't goofin' around. At a 120 yards they were brawlin'! I seen a spike chasin' a doe with her tail stickin' straight out. And I had a doe come to on grunt yesterday and she was ready. The does are in heat in my neck of the woods. I agree with mossbergman11....

Just because their behavior isn't the same where your hunting at doesn't mean it's not happenin' else where. This has been a wierd season...I'll believe anything.....
Old 01-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Easily could be In heat. I'd bet they were doe fawns finally coming Into heat or adult doe's that didn't get bred the 1st 2 times they were In estrus.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowtechHunting

ORIGINAL: early in

Take back your words buddy. I seen a buck fight this morning and they wern't goofin' around. At a 120 yards they were brawlin'! I seen a spike chasin' a doe with her tail stickin' straight out. And I had a doe come to on grunt yesterday and she was ready. The does are in heat in my neck of the woods. I agree with mossbergman11....

Just because their behavior isn't the same where your hunting at doesn't mean it's not happenin' else where. This has been a wierd season...I'll believe anything.....
Old 01-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

what is the possibility of all six of them in heat?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not very good.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Not very good.
they all were acting the same and there tails were the same and the spike was trying to get on all of them
Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

Not very good.
they all were acting the same and there tails were the same and the spike was trying to get on all of them
Spikes/young bucks will do that even If the doe's aren't In heat.

Quick Reply: does in heat?!?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.