Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Air Rest?

Old 01-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Air Rest?

I think cabelas has them in their bargain cave for about $60 right now[&:]
Old 01-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

I have one new in the package I will send to your door for 50 bills [8D]
No thanks bud. I am just fine with the limb driver.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I prefer arrow guidance and once you are past the steel insert,the arrow is on it's own with no support,while it is still attached to the string.No thanks.
No difference between that and a drop away.....once a drop away"drops away" it's only attached to the string.....with no support....

Old 01-18-2009, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: RuttNutt

I prefer arrow guidance and once you are past the steel insert,the arrow is on it's own with no support,while it is still attached to the string.No thanks.
No difference between that and a drop away.....once a drop away"drops away" it's only attached to the string.....with no support....
Drop aways don't instantly drop....they stay in contact with the arrow for longer than the length of the insert. That is what TFOX is referring to.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is actually a difference in the time the arrow is supported.

That's why I like the Limb Driver it supports the arrow even longer than most dropaways. The Air Rest would give the least support.

Dan
Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry but there is a huge difference,you only get about 1" of support with this rest,with a drop away,you get much more than that.Most you can adjust the chord length so the rest stays up longer and longer is better.BUT,most fallaways do drop too early for me,that is why I use a Spot Hogg whammy.It is up untill the absolute last second and then is pulled out of the way.

The Limb Driver also work very much like the Whammy and stays up much longer than regular downchord fallaways and neither the LD or Whammy put undue stress on the cables so IMO,both are a better choice.But the LD does not have quite as much support as the whammy but it is close.

There are many fallaways I would put on my bow before this rest.Trophy Taker,QAD HD,Limb Driver,Whammy,hell,I would shoot a WB before this rest and I HATE them.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Limb Driver also work very much like the Whammy and stays up much longer than regular downchord fallaways and neither the LD or Whammy put undue stress on the cables so IMO,both are a better choice.But the LD does not have quite as much support as the whammy but it is close.

Other than assuming, how do you specifically know which one stays up longer between the LD and whammy?

I think you make a big deal about nothing here. From the time you release to the time your bow reaches brace and the arrow leaves the string is such atiny fraction of a second that I believe the difference is meaningless.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

the support and drop from the spot hogg whammy gives loads of supports and it returns to an up position its a great rest

Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Other than assuming, how do you specifically know which one stays up longer between the LD and whammy?

I think you make a big deal about nothing here. From the time you release to the time your bow reaches brace and the arrow leaves the string is such a tiny fraction of a second that I believe the difference is meaningless.

I have seen slow motion video.The difference between the LD and Whammy is meaningless,but not between them and some other rest that drop extremely early,or this rest in question.

On the Spot Hogg site,they actually count the frames and the whammy is up longer than any other fallaway.BUT,they are very close.There video is not working right now though.

I do prefer the way the Whammy works over the LD but if for some reason I couldn't get the Whammy to work on one of my bows,the LD would be my next choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ufRhljKrc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TICGgfIRoJU
Old 01-19-2009, 04:32 PM

ill just stick to my octane

Quick Reply: Air Rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.