Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who do you respect the most? >

who do you respect the most?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who do you respect the most?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: who do you respect the most?

schockey and michael waddell

Nugent shoots his pets he always looks at the camera and says "it's coming right towards us" and i can't help to think yeah its coming toward you, it thinksyour gonnapet it
Old 01-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

its true that alot of the "pros" go on hunts with outfitters. but i dont believe the outfitters is what made them "famous in the first place.
Realtree picked up Waddell at a turkey calling competition. everbody starts out somewhere. its called the bottom.

personally i have to agree that Spook is a great guy and a die hard hunter.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'm surprised In allot of the responses here and I say that with the utmost respect, each to there own. I guess I never would of expected pros to be picked that go on outfitted hunts to be among the more respected pro hunters that were picked on here. I'm sure most of the pros have gone on an outfitted hunt or 2 but I think allot of them go on them all the time.
A lot of the pros that make TV shows paid their dues. They don't have anything to prove. We have to remember that shows are made for entertainment. People want to see action and big buck kills. The most efficient way to get the kills to make a show is to go to guides. It's a double edged sword. If they don't put down enough game to make a show they are gone, if they use guides they are looked down on by some people.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

Cameron Hanes
x2
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Not sure if he is a pro, but John Eberhart's books are fantastic. He has also helped me out via e-mails. Good guy and very accessible.
x2.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a hard one to answer. I like the passion of the Nuge, Miller of course and guys like Adams and Shockey. Truth be told I have learned more by talking to successful hunters than I ever have watching Hunting shows. I also have a ton of respect for the QDMA guys like Karl Miller, not hunting pros but making a living studying whitetails.

Oh, and Peakrut
Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'm surprised In allot of the responses here and I say that with the utmost respect, each to there own. I guess I never would of expected pros to be picked that go on outfitted hunts to be among the more respected pro hunters that were picked on here. I'm sure most of the pros have gone on an outfitted hunt or 2 but I think allot of them go on them all the time.
A lot of the pros that make TV shows paid their dues. They don't have anything to prove. We have to remember that shows are made for entertainment. People want to see action and big buck kills. The most efficient way to get the kills to make a show is to go to guides. It's a double edged sword. If they don't put down enough game to make a show they are gone, if they use guides they are looked down on by some people.
I'm sure your right with some of the pros but I can almost bet allot of these pros were "It's who you know and who you blow" kinda thing. Money talks also. Everything else you said, lots of truth to It.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:27 PM

lee and tiffany lakosky...with michael waddel a close second
Old 01-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Bartender

I just got moist.[&:]

On a side note this is why I like to read Deer & Deer hunting magazine.
ORIGINAL: racewayking

This is a hard one to answer. I like the passion of the Nuge, Miller of course and guys like Adams and Shockey. Truth be told I have learned more by talking to successful hunters than I ever have watching Hunting shows. I also have a ton of respect for the QDMA guys like Karl Miller, not hunting pros but making a living studying whitetails.

Oh, and Peakrut
Old 01-19-2009, 04:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lol!! Oh my!!

Quick Reply: who do you respect the most?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.