Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who do you respect the most? >

who do you respect the most?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who do you respect the most?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:51 AM

Default RE: who do you respect the most?

JeffB I could not agree more....but that's another thread in itself. I forgot to mention Randy Ulmer as well...I realize that most of these "pros" are killing deer on outfitter property by now.. and they have too in order to sell the dvd and the products.. most hunters don't want to see the pro not kill the deer, miss, or simply shoot a doe.. we want instant gratification vicariously through the Greg Millers of the world. Im guilty of it to it.. However, from the first time I watched "Beyond the KIll" (WKP) and "The Grind" (WKP) Im completely and utterly hooked on reality hunting dvds so to speak.. WKP has captured the real deal seasons. they have the misses, the doe shoots, the lost buck they can't find after a marginal shot, the whole season and its up and downs.. that is what it's all about. Now they hammer some really good ones in this new one from what I can tell, and yes, they hunt some prime time land, but they work for that land and they put hrs in all year to get a crack at those bucks. that is respect, it demands it.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ted Nugent definetly, also Bob Foulkrod, Greg Miller, and the Fitzgerald guys!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fred Eichler is my favorite. He's the real deal
Old 01-18-2009, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm surprised In allot of the responses here and I say that with the utmost respect, each to there own. I guess I never would of expected pros to be picked that go on outfitted hunts to be among the more respected pro hunters that were picked on here. I'm sure most of the pros have gone on an outfitted hunt or 2 but I think allot of them go on them all the time.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'm surprised In allot of the responses here and I say that with the utmost respect, each to there own. I guess I never would of expected pros to be picked that go on outfitted hunts to be among the more respected pro hunters that were picked on here. I'm sure most of the pros have gone on an outfitted hunt or 2 but I think allot of them go on them all the time.
Steve ~ This is where I'm at!!!

I wrote a thread about a local guy that just amazed me...
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...=&#3275014

OR

Seeing pictures from a handful of consistent hunters, as an example like MagicMan or GregH and many more.
Hal Blood from Maine comes to mind, no endorsements, just good old fashion hunting / killing of mature bucks.
Don't worry I won't leave any lipstick marks on there asses, just saying it!
Also the unknowns we'll never hear about.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 AM

yep Steve you are right most of them do.. they almost have to now to sell the products. The Fitzgeralds are guys that remind me of the way it used to be and still should be.. Those were some of the first bowhunting videos I ever watched.. now, answer my PM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Steve ~ This is where I'm at!!!

I wrote a thread about a local guy that just amazed me...
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3275014&mpage=1&key=&#327501 4

OR

Seeing pictures from a handful of consistent hunters, as an example like MagicMan or GregH and many more.
Hal Blood from Maine comes to mind, no endorsements, just good old fashion hunting / killing of mature bucks.
Don't worry I won't leave any lipstick marks on there asses, just saying it!
Also the unknowns we'll never hear about.
That thread of your was a great thread. Respect given no doubt!! I'll agree with you on the Magicman and GregH thing as well. I don't wear lip stick![:'(]

now, answer my PM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did!! Reply back dammit!!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say Jim Shockey! Not only is he a die hard hunter, but he also guides people in some of the tuffest country in the World..

Followed very close by the Eastman crew. Those guys are top notch! Prime example's of Real Hunters!

( Stan Potts, Are you kidding me?)
Old 01-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Banned

Fred Eishler
Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

I would have to say Jim Shockey! Not only is he a die hard hunter, but he also guides people in some of the tuffest country in the World

Followed very close by the Eastman crew. Those guys are top notch! Prime example's of Real Hunters!

( Stan Potts, Are you kidding me?)
And gets it done with big black goofy hat and no camo[8D]

Quick Reply: who do you respect the most?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.